Monday, 31 July 2017

GGR Weekly Rundown!

I hope your week is off to a great start!

My week is beginning with a rest day since I ran my highest distance since the Boston Marathon yesterday.

Here's a bit of how my week looked:

Monday: Waking up after the Tely 10 was like....nope. LOL. My legs had that "Oh boy did I race" feel but the right quad was noticeably sore so it got a lot of extra attention this week. No workouts other than walking through the airport.
Bye bye Newfoundland!

Tuesday: Long and easy mid-distance run. I planned to abort as soon as things got nasty. But I took it pretty gentle and got it done.

Wednesday: On Wednesday Erin, little Ella and I went to a movie. It was the Stars and Strollers event that they do for moms at the Cineplex Theatres. I thought it was so awesome to do that! The movie meant that I did a late day run which I hadn't done since June. I've become used to morning runs since summer vacation. But it was kind of nice to do it late day.

Thursday: On Thursday I did a speed workout. I know...I probably shouldn't have but I didn't run as fast as I typically would.

The workout was a 3 mile warm up, 5 x 3 minutes at VO2 max (I probably did 10k pace), with 2 minutes of jogging in between and a 2 mile warm down. There were 8 miles total and we  celebrated with tacos later that day. :D
I love when Matt comes home for lunch and I hijack him to take photos...lol.

I made mango salsa and it's sooooo good on chicken tacos.
                                                       


Friday: Running rest day but I tried a short strength workout at home. It wasn't anything fascinating but I felt good to at least take the dumbbells out...lol.

Saturday: On Saturday I got to test out my new purple tiux socks!!! I love the soft feel of new socks between my toes! After I typed that I realized how weird it sounds, lol.

I ran 6 easy miles and 6 strides on the trail while Lola was at the doggie spa.

<3

To prepare for my Sunday Looooong run I made a pizza!
I put lots of veggies on and some extra lean hamburger. It was super delish!
Sunday: OH. MY. GOODNESS. My first 20 miler in a very long time! Jennie offered to share about 20km of it with me and I was thankful for the company. I drove into Halifax and ran 10k solo before she got there. Then we headed down to super busy downtown on the waterfront where people dodging became a real issue. We then decided to run back to the car along the streets. We did however get to run the seabridge! We didn't care that it was filled with people .... it's a Strava segment so we jogged it anyway lol.

As seen on my run...

It's the BEST when running friends bring treats!!!! Thanks Jennie!

Starbucks for the drive home because you know, calorie replacement and all. ;)

How the rest of Sunday looked....
Weekly total: 50.7miles 82km

Thanks again for stopping by the GGR blog space! Have a beautiful day!

What's next on your race radar? I'm running the Macpass Mile on Sunday and I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my long run. Any suggestions?


Happy Running,
Heather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment