Sunday, 25 June 2017

GGR Weekly Wrap Up!

Happy Sunny Sunday!

I have some GREAT news: There is only ONE week of school between myself and Summer vacation!!!!!!!!! (There are not enough !s). 

This past week has been so non-stop it's sort of ridiculous. I guess that's what happens when you are changing schools and it's the end of the school year. Who knew? ;) I've been packing up a bunch of things and slowly bringing things home and my current classroom has to be completely gutted because it's being used for something else next year...plus, I'm still teaching the kids-they are so ready for summer break!

During all this packing, cleaning and moving I still did run, I promise. Here's a look at the week:

Monday: Nothing at all! I was so tired and actually felt like I had a cold. :( But a student did bring me these beautiful lupines!!!! My class painted lupines that day for art and they were amazing!

Tuesday: On Monday morning when I woke up I felt a knot in my right calf muscle. Luckily (if you can call it that, lol) Jeff was able to get me in for a dry needling session Tuesday evening.

I did a short run at easy pace when I got home to keep the muscle moving.

Wednesday:
I was still trying to shake this supposed cold on Wednesday - who gets sick in June???? I left home and it was gorgeous out! 5 miles into the trail and it rained from the heavens! It did not stop raining for the remainder of the run. On the bright side there were beautiful rainbows as I ran home. I really wish I had a photo to share.


Thursday: Thursday is speed work day! I'm following the plan I used last year at this time for now to get ready for Tely 10 and Chicago. I did a 3 mile warm up and followed that with 6 x 3 minutes at 10k pace with 2 minutes of recovery in between. The cool down was about 2 miles for 9 miles total.

Friday: Rest day! But we did go on a field trip to the Wildlife Park, so there was a lot of walking and fun being had with the kids. I really wanted to nap on the bus ride home!

Saturday: On Saturday Coach Lee invited me down to try out a speed workout with the Halifax Road Hammers. I was sort of scared but excited, almost like heading to a race, lol it was weird. We were hoping the demo some of the Mizuno Wave Sky shoes at the run but the weather was sort of soggy. I was so happy to see Paul there! We did a warm up together and he guided me through the lingo. It was actually a similar workout to what I did on Thursday. Warmup, 6 x 3 minutes at 10k followed by 4 hill sprints up Point Pleasant drive and cool down. I was very happy at the end that this was doable for me and that there were some familiar faces. I really did enjoy it! Thanks Lee!
Paul and I posing for a post-workout selfie :D

Sunday: Oh. My. Humidity. Yes, Humidity, you may leave now. Okay, so this morning I had a 16 mile long run to do and I thought leaving early-ish would get me home before Humidity Hell broke loose...nope. Not even a tiny bit close. My plan was to head out before 8 and get a few extra kms in before I met Stacey and Marg.

His and her long run flatness....

I met up with the girls at 8 and we headed out onto the trail. Every step was SO hot! If I didn't have my friends to run with I DEFINITELY would have aborted the run early. I was super thankful that at the end when I really didn't have any extra gusto Marg carried an extra gel!!!!!! We did 16 miles total and after that I was completely toast.




Marg is the best! She brought muffins for a post run treat! And Stacey is also the best because she talks me through my allergy eye problems, lol.

Weekly miles: 46.6 (75km)

Sooooooo enjoyed this Starbucks frappe when I was done!

Look at this cute little owl my student's mom knitted me!!! Someone has claimed it for themselves...I don't think so Lola. ;)

Don't forget to come to the BLT recovery run tomorrow night at the Coke Plant at 6:30!! Michelle from Maritime Races will be there!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my little space in the blogosphere!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and make dollars for every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete