Sunday, 19 March 2017

Project PB: Week 11!

Happy Sunday, happy RUNday and happy FUNday!

March Break is coming to a conclusion ALREADY and I feel like I literally just blinked and it was gone. :( I spent a whole chunk of it doing my report cards and I'm very pleased to announce that as of Thursday I am DONE! :D

Don't worry, I did get some training, eating and Netflix-ing in too. ;)

Monday: If you recall, on Sunday I wasn't feeling the best. I had a bit of irritation in my chest so I was worried my bronchitis was coming back. I decided to take it easy and put my long run off until Monday if I felt okay. So Monday meant that I had early morning Physio, lunch time leg work at massage and late afternoon long run...lol. Lots of running around that day!

I ran on my own for a bit and decided I'd try to aim to be at the Coke Plant for 6:30 when the BLT runners meet. I ran 40 minutes with them and then 1.2 miles to Matt's office to get a ride home, lol. 16 miles for the day!


Tuesday: Since I ran long the day before, I decided to switch my Wednesday run with my Tuesday run. Therefore, on Tuesday I ran an easy 5 miles. The OCD runner in me really did not like all this switching business and it was only Tuesday! 

5 miles at 8:31 pace
It was so snowy on my run!!! 

The BLT runners were hosting a guest speaker (Jeff Zahavich) to talk to the running group about Heart Rate training. It was quite snowy out so I watched from home instead of driving to Nova Physiotherapy on the slippery roads. It was very interesting! 



Wednesday: On Wednesday I headed out for my Medium long run for the week which was 11 miles. It started to snow AGAIN when I was out there which made for some very tricky footing near the end. I managed 11.1 miles at 8:20 pace.

Thursday: Rest day from all the snowy running!!!! I did go to lunch with my friend Erin though. :) Cora's for the win!

Friday: Okay, my Friday run sucked. It was intended to be a tempo run with some VO2 max thrown in. It did not go that way. I was feeling congested and I knew during the warm up that my body would not want to hit those faster paces. I stopped my watch and walked a few times and really hoped someone I knew would drive by to take me home. :( By the time I was done attempting, I had logged 10 miles and walked the final mile home with the biggest pity party you have ever seen, lol.

I enjoyed a hot chocolate with Lucky Charms marshmallows when I got home...mmm.

And of course Lola was down for some snuggles.

Saturday: Since I basically planned two long runs this week, I decided that I would take Saturday as a rest day. It was glorious and not a lot of productivity happened. :)

Look at this sweet little goody bag Marg delivered!!!

Sunday: Sunday was Moose Run day! I honestly debated all week whether or not to take part this year because I wasn't feeling awesome. But on Saturday evening Marg and I chatted and she assured me that she would run at a nice easy pace with me if we went. I'll have a full recap tomorrow, but the short story basically tells of how we did 7k before the race started to give us 32km (20 miles) for the day. Marg, Stacey and I paced together and I have to say the run was tough but I had a lot of fun!
Thanks Sherry for the photo! Apparently I am Social Media-ing the crap out of it...lol.
Weekly mileage (I have 2 long runs in this week remember!!!!): 61.9 miles (99.6km).....like, whaaaaat?! I sort of wish I'd known so that I'd run a extra 400m to get that 100....the day isn't over yet...lol.

Thank you so much for stopping by my little space in the blogosphere! Have a wonderful day!
Do you use heart rate training?
Have you had a run recently that really sucked?
Did you run the Moose Run?!??!
Boston is in 28 days and 17 hours!!!! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

3 comments:

  1. The mental toughness that you are gaining from this boston training is going to make you wonder woman the day of the race. You've got this girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BlueHost is ultimately one of the best hosting provider for any hosting services you need.

    ReplyDelete