Monday, 2 January 2017

Welcome to 2017!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you celebrated safely (and of course with some yummy eats).

Resolutions are not something I usually do, but I'm seeing so many of them via social media over the past two days. Instead of setting a "goal" or a "resolution" I've decided to just be more mindful of my things. For example, if I don't wear it, it's getting donated, if it needs to go in the paper recycling, it's goin' in! I'm happy to say that I've done pretty good so far! :)

Matt and I rang in the New Year in our traditional way: A delicious meal at Ela followed by cheesecake at home and snuggles with Lola. Then of course we talked real loud through the fireworks in an attempt to shield her from the noise. She freaks over fireworks. :(


A wonderful package arrived for me the other day:


It was so exciting to receive my very first package as an ambassador for Mizuno!!! Lola was thoroughly disappointed that there were in fact NO treats for her in there....maybe next time. ;)

You can't even see the amazing gloves that were also there, but seriously, how awesome is this?! I'm feeling pretty VIP right about now. ;)
I tried it all on and headed out for run! 
It was like Christmas all over again!!! I have tried out each piece of fab gear and am definitely not disappointed! Mizuno's Breath Thermo gear offers heat generating technology designed for athletes. I now have three pairs of the Breath Thermo running tights and the latest pair deserves some talking about! They fit like a glove!!!! Around my gigantic runner thighs I could actually feel them producing heat and keeping me comfortable on my run. They aren't crazy hot in an uncomfortable way at all! I was very impressed. The bottom of the legs also have reflective printing for those evening runs. Thanks Mizuno!!!!

I want to share my favourite song on my running playlist with you! It's Fiend by Sam Roberts Band and I love it!!!!

My first run of 2017 was 17 miles! I was sure to run at an easy pace since official Boston training begins on January 2nd, which is today!!! I love how it begins with a "Rest" day - no complaints here! I finally conquered nearly passed out running up a hill I drive on nearly every day and once I got to the top, I felt as though I could see the entire city of Halifax! Wonderful Washmill: we shall meet again. ;)
 It was pouring rain when I left and sunny when I got home!

17 miles at 8:37/mi
Our very first dinner of 2017 was..................

No surprises there I'm sure.

Today was my last day of Christmas break and it's back to school tomorrow! Lola and I took advantage of sleeping in and late morning walks today before watching way too many Netflix episodes of the Gilmore Girls.

I hope you have had a great start to 2017 and thanks for stopping by my little space in the blogosphere!

Do you make resolutions?
How did you celebrate the new year? 
What are you currently watching on Netflix? I need recommendations! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

4 comments:

  1. I ran my first km in the rain with my family, then ran another 5k with my husband. I've gone back to watching Grays Anatomy from the beginning and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second person to recommend Gray's Anatomy to me!

      Delete
  2. For New Years I went to church and then to a small party at my parents house. I didn't do specific resolutions this year, but I have goals I am hoping to accomplish for 2017

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Views?
    Did you know that you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete