Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Happy National Running Day!

Hey everyone!

Guess what today is..............

That's right! A day to celebrate Running and all its awesomeness. :D So lace up and get out there for a mile or two, or three. Or four...you get the idea. ;)

Thank you to Cori for hosting today's link up! She is truly an awesome blogger....check her out!

I Run because................


  • it is my thing. I have friends who knit, travel, play soccer, make jewellery. I run. :)  
  • nothing has ever made me feel stronger.
  • for the friendships I've made. 
  • nothing compares to the freedom you feel in striding out steps.
  • it makes food taste better. ;) 
  • And for moments like these...... 
 
 Finish the sentence: I  Run ____________________________.

Happy National  Running Day!

Some other tidbits:
Look who came to visit our class yesterday! EEK!!! I was brave enough to stroke her tail....just for  a millisecond though, lol.

And it's that time of year again:
We're always happy when Fake Lola comes to hang out. ;)
 Don't you just love that feeling when you get home from work and make this switch....

My Tuesday evening run was a 4 mile run with a warm up + cool down with two miles at tempo pace. I headed out to the trail after doing my warm up mile. I realized immediately that I had overdressed to the max! So of course a wardrobe change occurred in the entrance to the path where I shed a layer and tied it to my waist. Too bad there were a ton of people coming and I'm pretty sure some of them saw a little too much of my mid-section, oops! ;)


I hope you're all out logging some miles on this awesome day! And of course, I love when you stop by!

What are your plans for National Running Day??? 
Are you running in the Johnny Miles Running Event? If so, which race???
 
Happy Running,
Heather :)
The Johnny Miles Marathon is in 11 days!!!

30 comments:

  1. I love that running photo of you! Johnny is right around the corner!! Crazy!
    You already know why I run lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! We need to run together soon!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Running Day! It's a rest day in my schedule...but I might still sneak out for a few :)

    Not planning on running in Johnny Miles...but may use some distance as a training run. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sneak in a few easy miles ;)

      Johnny is my favorite and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

      Delete
  3. I've got a pretty packed schedule today but hoping to squeak in a mile or two just to celebrate the day. Johnny is still up in the air for me....gotta decide soon.

    And you are so right...the feeling of changing into running clothes is a great feeling. Just think...soon you will only be wearing running clothes for 2 months...no work clothes. AHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking off your work clothes feels almost as good as taking off your bra at the end of the day LOL!

      Delete
  4. Heck yeah running is your thing... and you're darn good at it ;) Thanks for joining in! I hope you have a great NRD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cori! I am happy to be a part of your national running day link up :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through the Natl Running Day link up. CONGRATS on running Boston - that must have been a dream! And I totally agree about getting home from work and making the switch! After a long day at the office I always look forward to getting into my workout clothes and releasing the ickiness of the day on a great run :-) Awesome blog! I'd love to hear more about Boston sometime :-)

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna! it definitely felt like a dream for sure. I really hope to go back there again someday. You can read about two of my Boston Marathon posts on my blog.

      Delete
  6. I love all your reasons! And I'm impressed that you wear heels to work. I did that my first year (so I'd look older, ha) and then gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing heels to work made me feel like a daredevil! I don't do it that often but I had a very important meeting and wanted to look the part ;)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that feeling of switching from work clothes to running clothes. I do it literally as soon as I walk in the door! I'm a little bit too happy to have found another evening runner! I feel like everyone else in the world runs in the mornings before work!

    Your Fake Lola is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another evening runner! you are so right: I feel like I am the last to hop on the running train when I am running after work and everyone else seems to be running in the morning...lol. Yes we think fake Lola is pretty darn cute too ;)

      Delete
    2. Whoa I'm jumping on that train too, totally an evening runner over here.

      Delete
  8. Haha, I like your fake Lola ... I feel very honoured to have met the real Lola in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola was super happy to meet you too Molly ;)

      Delete
  9. The friendships are SERIOUSLY one of the best things about running. Other runners just GET each other!

    That lizard looks amazing. Is he a desert lizard?? I love his mane haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! meeting someone who runs is like finding a new best friend. it is awesome! I'm pretty sure the owner said it was a bearded dragon. her name was Gucci, lol!

      Delete
  10. Love the collage pic of your work fit to your running fit! Gotta love the difference :) Congrats on an awesome Boston finish and even getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! it sure does feel a whole lot better to switch from heels to sneakers! Boston definitely was amazing and I hope to go back again next year.

      Delete
  11. Love this post! I could feel the excitement while reading :)
    I love your statement - "it is my thing!" Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! You're so brave. I could never hold a lizard (or whatever that was!) Geckos freak me out! Ha ha Happy National Running Day! I haven't run since Sunday. I hope to get back to it on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First NRD for me and it was fantastic. The running community is amazing.

    Ah the switch from work to run. I go through the same thing. I definitely prefer the running attire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE FAKE LOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you are so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo that lizard is cool looking! I wanted one when I was little until I went to the pet store with my dad and they gave me crickets to feed it. I don't do bugs. I came home with a hamster instead, she was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. running is totally "my thing" too! people think that i'm nuts, but it's just my thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad I'm not the only one who does a wardrobe change at the mouth of the trail! And running DOES make things taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. +$3,624 PROFIT last week!

    Get 5 Star verified winning bets on MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals...

    ReplyDelete
  19. BlueHost is ultimately the best hosting company for any hosting services you might require.

    ReplyDelete