Friday, 5 April 2013

Down to 10!


Happy Friday everyone!

This week certainly flew by....and I'm sure next week will too!  We leave one week from today......I'm not excited at all, ;)  Joking!  It's all I'm thinking about. 

I love how my Runner's World Calendar has the Marathon on it! . 


I've been running around like a mad lady at school trying to get all my work prepared for my 3 day absence.  That becomes tricky when there are three grades to prep for.  But, I'll get it done!

Today was Running Club day at school.  It's awesome to get out and run midway through your work day. I should really do it more often.  Today a local woman, who happens to be super fast, came in to give the students an info. session on running and the Bluenose Youth run.  I ran with her during the run and she was giving me advice on the Boston course, what to wear, hydration, etc.  I was filing it all away as I listened intently to her speak.  (Side note) I felt that my afternoon was much more 'cheery' after having  a run at lunch time.  :) 
Are you running the Bluenose???

I saw this picture on facebook and thought, 'Wow, that's exactly how I feel.' Every time someone asks, "How fast can you do 5k, 10k?" My response is always, "I don't go fast, I go far." lol.  This pic says it better:
I feel that my job helps with the endurance part.  I am constantly on my toes with the little ones. ;)

Busy or not, I've been still getting in my daily runs.  This week was a little less mileage.  I had 4 mi on Tuesday, 6 on Wednesday and 4 again on Thursday.  I'll do 4-5 tomorrow and 10 miles on Sunday.  I have to mention my horrible run last night, that may or may not have involved me puking on the side of the road.  No, not because of my insane speed, wink wink...lol.  It was a result of our 'report cards are gone home celebration' after school.  It was a spectacular potluck where I consumed a large amount of chilli, kiwi, pineapple, grapes, bread and last but not least a piece of carrot cake.  I know, I immediately regretted eating the delicious carrot cake, but it was just too irresistible!  I promise not to eat any treats/junk food from now until the marathon! So, back to the puking: Anytime I eat pineapple I get a weird nauseous feeling afterward.  I know, so don't eat it.  I really do love it though.  Last night was no different.  2.2 miles into my run the pineapple returned with a vengeance!  It was not pretty.  I finished my run, but it was not pleasant!

I have a ton of things to do over the weekend, including birthday shopping. I have four birthdays all happening within the next 15 days---(Matt, Trudy, Carla and Mom)!  Not to mention groceries, cleaning, schoolwork, race prep, and running.  :)  I love my weekends! 

My race prep will include things like:
  • buy gels
  • get my gel belt ready
  • pack Vaseline
  • make Marathon playlist
  • get armbands from E.
  • dig out various running gear to potentially wear, (i.e. capris/shorts, tank/singlet/tee/long sleeve).....I don't know what I will wear for weather purposes, so I will have to pack it all + throwaways!
  • Toe prep: nails, check for blisters, etc. Sorry if that's gross.....lol
  • Make sure to stay well hydrated

I am going to have my suitcase opened and add things to it throughout the week until I leave on Friday morning. That way, when I realize I have forgot something, I can just throw it in. :)

Whenever I go into the downstairs office lately I always go look at Matt's Boston Medal from 2011. 
Matt has one, now I just need to go get one for myself!  :D
The above pile of medals are Matt's.  I'm pretty sure the one shown above is his favourite, ;)  I hope I can run a smart race on Monday, the 15th to make it to the finish line in downtown Boston to get one just like it!

Well, I'm off to finish cooking dinner.  Thanks again for visiting!

Hope to see you on the roads,
Heather :)


P.S.  The Boston Marathon is in 10 days!!!




4 comments:

  1. Your Boston medal is going to look fab on your medal rack:) Can't believe B is in 10 days!! I'll be cheering you on from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, where did you put your marathon medal? :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Heidi! I don't think I'll take my medal off at all the first few days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever wanted to get free YouTube Views?
    Did you know you can get them ON AUTOPILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete