So here's a look out my back door after I got home from work today. Freshly fallen snow.....tonight's run will be slippery!
Funny enough yesterday's weather was fantastic. Now today, I had a 5 mile run on my schedule and we had sideways snow! You know what that means.....squinty eyes and slushy sidewalks! Of course by the time I get everything else done and set out to run, it's dark. Thank goodness for daylight savings time this Sunday morning! As you can see I am armed with my Runner's World vest that Matt's dad gave me for Christmas. He was so concerned when he heard I was out running in the dark.
My super cool fuel belt I mentioned in my previous post from Matt!
Lola didn't seem to mind that I was leaving for a run.
During tonight's run there were frequent moments of frozen eye lashes...again! I was hoping we were done with all of that silliness. I was definitely going for effort as opposed to pace in tonight's run. The conditions simulated running on a beach with the push off being less than ideal. My calves will suffer tomorrow.
Some random thoughts crossed my mind again during tonight's run. Here are just a few:
- What exactly is he saying in Gangnam Style???
- Do passer's by know that's what I'm listening to? LOL
- I wonder if David will find out tonight that it's probably Nick's baby? (Coronation street).
- Why does Friday afternoon seem super far away right now?
- I can't wait until the weekend! Nevermind, March break begins Friday @ 3:30!!!!
- I can't wait until March Break!!!
- I wonder if I have enough olive oil left at home to cook dinner with?
- I have to remember to go to sobeys to also get ju jubes for Friday's Science lesson!
- I hope I don't scare the c*%p out of that man I'm about to run up behind!
- Is that a cigarette he's smoking??? (For some reason I always hold my breath until I pass smokers...lol).
- I have to remember to put flyers in my runners when I get home so they're dry for tomorrow night's run. *My friend Erin gave me that tip a few years ago...works everytime!
Here's a look at my current training shoes...Asics are my go-to shoe!
Well, I'm off now to watch some Seinfeld reruns before bed. Thanks again for stopping by!
Happy running,Heather :)