Sunday, 4 June 2017

Post-Ottawa ...The Half-termath

Hey guys,

Sundays sure have a different feel during the springtime than they did on those dark cold wintry evenings of February and March. I love the extra hours of daylight and how much more perkier everyone seems. :)

Once Matt and I arrived home after the Ottawa half, Matt's friend had this peanut butter chocolate cheesecake waiting for us!

Yep, it was as delicious as it looks and immediately after it was gone we made the decision to get BACK ON the healthy eating train, lol.

I took Monday as a running rest day but did a great strength workout at home for my upper body and core.

On Tuesday I did an easy 5.3 mile recovery run at 8:21 pace and it was a very eventful run! With one mile left to get home I felt a plop of "water" on my head and I said to myself, "gee I didn't think it was supposed to rain this evening." As I touched it with my fingers and palm of my hand to wipe it off I realized that it was bird poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror. I know what you're thinking, "that's good luck!" Right? Well, no. It had dripped down my body onto my NEW Mizuno running singlet. :( When I got home I realized that when Matt had left for the office HE LOCKED ME OUT! So I got pooped on and locked out...awesome. :S I remembered that Courteney (who lives down the street) still had a key of mine. So I ran down there and banged on her door for forever!!!! She was in the tub and finally when she heard me she gave me the key, lol. By the time I got home, 8:27 p.m., I was so cold!
But there's always time for a post-run selfie...lol.
 On Wednesday I did another short run at an easy pace. Nothing eventful happened thankfully!

And on Thursday my legs felt great so I ran 2 miles easy with 3 miles progressively faster and the final mile easy. It was a great run!

On Friday my student gave me these beautiful lilacs and they smell so amazing!


It was also a running rest day which worked out well because Matt and I went out for fish and chips with my sister and her BF!



On Saturday I ran early for 5 miles plus six strides at they end. It was so awesome to run on the trail and I remembered how much I used to miss it in the winter.


Sunday long run!!!!

Marg, Stacey and I met late morning to get in a sort of long run and I couldn't believe how fast it went by! I really do enjoy Loooong runs but right now I'm loving these shorter ones.

Weekly total miles: 34.9

And will you just look at how beautiful my girl is now that her hair is all cut! <3

I hope you've had an awesome week and thanks for checking in!

Happy running,
Heather :)

1 comment: