Friday, 3 March 2017

Friday 5!

Happy Friday!!!!

I have finally emerged from the cold virus that took me down with a punch, and a kick, and a body slam, etc. etc. etc.

I have officially created a new running record: longest period of time with NO RUNNING -> 2 weeks! Yes, when I was sick I took two entire weeks off without ANY running whatsoever. :0 It was very difficult mentally at first, but eventually I just let myself rest because I was so exhausted as my body fought off this demon germ...or at least that's what I named it.

Exactly how I felt about Boston :(
I also ate 3 packs of these!!!! 

But knock on wood, I'm finally on the mend.

Now let's move on to the Friday 5!

1. As I'm sure many of you know, the Nova Scotia Teachers Union has been in negotiations with our government over our contract and things got a bit messy. Well, a lot messy and that meant the first Teacher's strike in Nova Scotia in the 122 years of the union! Unfortunately this did not get resolved in the way many teachers would have wished. :( This is not a political blog but it was a huge part of my life and career so I thought I'd show you some shots from that time...
 p.s. I was striking in the snow and the cold while I was sick. :(
I am in this crowd somewhere!
2. My new Wave Rider 20s arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so beautiful and feel like heaven on my feet. <3 Thank you Mizuno!

Look at all the funky colours!

3. After I re-joined civilization Girl's Night was quite refreshing!


and tasty!
Moxie's lettuce wraps for the win!
 4. I got back out and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After taking some time to rest and waiting at least another week on the doctor's advice, (after the first week had already passed) I ventured out to test my body on an easy 6 miler. The weather had been gorgeous the previous week and I basically enjoyed it from the window. But let me tell you it felt GREAT to get out again!

Don't take two weeks off of running ever if you don't have to! My legs have been sore all week from resuming activity after being laid up. I'm stretching like a maniac and hydrating like a boss though. ;)

5. It was the 100th day of school this past week! We celebrated in style, LOL.

Lola says, "hi." LOL. Actually it looks more like she's telling me to shut the lights off. ;)

And PLEASE come out on Sunday at 3:00 by the Art of Stone in Bayer's Lake for the Reboot Run! It's a great way to get your training mojo going again in case it sort of hibernated during those past couple of frozen months, lol. There will be some great draw prizes too!

Thanks again for stopping by the GGR blog space! Have a wonderful weekend!
Boston is in 44 days!!!

Happy Running,
Heather :)


1 comment:

  1. There have been more people sick around me this winter than any other winter I can remember, and I myself have been various levels of sick going all the way back to December. What are the implications of your fortnight hiatus vis-a-vis Boston next month?? And from one teacher to another, good luck resolving the negotiations crisis.

    ReplyDelete