Sunday, 26 March 2017

Boston Training: Week 12 of Project PB!

Well today was the last super duper long run for this training period! And I'm so happy to announce that every run from here on in will be shorter! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's take a look at how the week went:
PS if it wasn't for Strava or Instagram I'd have no idea how each run went by the time Sunday rolled around!!! LOL

Monday: Not a lot to report other than it was a snow day!!! Again, I should clarify-freezing rain day. It was nice because I got to relax, stretch and recover from the previous day's hilly long run.

Tuesday: 11 miles @ 8:10 pace!

Wednesday:
6 miles @ 8:23 followed by tacos...what else is new? :)

Thursday: It was crazy cold out and in fear of making myself cough or short of breath I opted for the treadmill. I am so grateful for my TM! It was super convenient for me when the air was so frigid on Thursday. 6.3 miles @ 8:34. I watched The Wedding Singer and laughed a lot on this run!
Guys help!!!! I can't decide on my white or black BLT Runners singlet for Boston!!! Should I save the white for hotter summer races???

Friday: I could not wait for Friday! I had an after school leg massage and I was going out with the girls for Burger Week! :D

We went to The Anchor and it was so yummy!

So delicious!!!

Saturday: Saturday was very Spring like out! I had 5 miles on the plan, which I did at 7:39 pace followed by 8 strides with jog backs. I did the strides in the elementary school parking lot and I really enjoy doing them here. Plus it's only 1/2 mile from my house for the warm down. ;) 6.7 miles total for the day.

Sunday: Oh. My. Goodness. I had 22 miles on schedule today!!!!! That was 35.4km!!!! I was thrilled when Marg said she'd run with me because that's a long time out on the lonely streets especially when your legs are screaming at you. It was a bit cold and windy so we both wore a buff to cover our mouths when the cold air was blowing in our faces. I really can't wait for warm temps!!!!!!!! 22 miles @ 8:44 pace. (35.4km @ 5:25).


The rest of the day I had ZERO energy!
Lola and I were chillin' at the office...lol.
Week total: 52 miles (83.2km)

Thank you so much for stopping by the GGR page! I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Boston is in 22 days!

Happy running,
Heather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment