Saturday, 13 August 2016

Summer Running & Other Tidbits

I wish I could run as fast as my summer vacation is zipping by! I'm not even sure how it's already mid-August?!?!

Since we last spoke I've been kept super busy though!

1. Lola got really sick and it was so upsetting! :( We are so thrilled that she is better!!!!
Visitng her at the hospital. :(  Several tests later and we STILL do not know the cause of the sickness. It seems that she must have gotten into something????
But now she is ALL better and back to her usual spunky self. :D

2. I threw a bridal shower for Sam and it was so fun!

:D

3. Matt and I had our six year anniversary! 

and celebrated at the Keg!!!

4. I got some really good runs in! 
Jennie and I ran a really tough hot 19 mile run with 9 of those miles at MP!!!! We literally laid there for several minutes.
Our local running group knows what's up. Planning a run that starts and finishes at the Starbucks is some sharp thinking for our Jog & Joe. 
Don't you just love our BLT shirts?!?!? Sidenote: BLT does NOT stand for 'bacon lettuce tomato' here. Yes, I've been asked, lol. It's 'Beechville Lakeside Timberlea' - our town names. ;)

It's still pretty warm but sometimes you just gotta tempo. ;)

I actually stopped on the verge of puke a couple of times because of humidity. :S

5. Thanks Strava for reminding me that I need to spend more $$$ LOL.

6. Boston mail is awesome mail!

7. Matt ran a smokin' 6 mile race on Natal Day! I stayed home to nurse a recovering Lola. <3

So that's basically what I've been up to. Tomorrow I have a 20 mile run and obviously I'll be hitting the streets early so that I can watch the OLYMPIC MARATHON!!!!!! 

Thanks for stopping by the GGR blog and have a wonderful day! 
How have your runs been this summer? 
Ever throw a shower for  friend?-baby or bridal? 
How obsessed are you with the Olympics?! 
PS: my spell check will not work so I apologize for any errors!!!! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

5 comments:

  1. Barely have run this summer - renovations and Max not being in school = not enough time. Hoping that when I move, I will have a treadmill and can run whenever!

    I'm pretty obsessed with the Olympics - about to head downstairs for another night of TV viewing, olympic watching good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having a fabulous summer. When do you return to school? I'm glad Lola is feeling better now - when pets get sick it's the WORST because they can't tell you what's wrong or what hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how hot it has been for us! Yay for continuing your training! Sorry to hear about Lola but super happy she is feeling better :) I'm currently in the middle of planning a bridal shower for my sister - so exciting! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer running has been really hard but I'm trying to get through it. I think I'm going to put off signing up for any Fall full marathons until Mother Nature gets this humidity foolishness under control!
    I'm actually in Rio for the Olympics!!!!!! It's been incredible so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww beautiful family picture Heather :) Happy Anniversary!
    I am glad to hear Lola is back to her spunky self, she is too cute to be sick.
    You have been knocking out some great runs in the heat! Chicago should be lots of fun this year :)
    It is nice to have your BLT group for support!

    ReplyDelete