Sunday, 26 June 2016

Currently...

Hi guys!

I've not purposely been MIA to lead you into some vague assumptions about life drama, etc. lol. Basically I've just been putting the finishing touches on my school year and enjoying some time doing my thing. ;)

I thought the best way to bring you up to speed would be to do a currently post, so here it goes!

Currently...

Totally and completely obsessed with Homeland!!!! How have I not watched this until now?! A long time ago Heidi told me to give it a go and I tried it for ten minutes before I bailed. Recently I gave it another shot and I CAN'T STOP WATCHING!!!!

Absolutely enjoying training with Project PB!!!! The workouts are definitely challenging me and making me stronger and that's exactly what needs to happen.

Enjoying the last few days of school with my kiddos! They are super sweet and I will definitely miss them. <3 I borrowed the idea below from an obviously awesome teacher online and I'm definitely going to look cool on the last day of school! 

Learning to love hill sprints! LOL---> You know, as much as possible I guess. 
I won't lie: My favourite part of hill sprinting is coming home and checking out the elevation!!! LOL...It's the simple things. ;)  
 Accepting the fact that open toe season will just not work in my favour: Allow me to explain, as the mercury rises the need for material to cover our bodies decreases, to some extent, lol. Well the same works for our feet and when you have some serious runner toes, you find yourself explaining more often than one would predict, the reason for your unfortunate looking toes.
Like this for example: 
C'est la vie!
 Girl's Night Never Gets Old! Erin and I went to explore some of the new eats at Jack Astors on Friday and I have to give it two thumbs up! I had the Guac w/chips and their new board tacos....YUM! They were so freakin' good! Not to mention that we talked non-stop for over 3 hrs...LOL.


Always happy to find a new bloom in the garden! I've had this Iris for 3 summers and this year it finally bloomed!!!!

Loving Running Long with Friends Again! Now that my distance is slowly creeping up again for the Chicago Marathon it's super fun to spend your miles with great company. :)
 Jennie and I ran the toughest hilliest route I've ever conquered! 14.25 miles in the hot hot sun!

It's a good thing we had some pretty spectacular views to distract us!
And Marg and I banged out 16 miles on the trail in equally hot temperatures!

Loving my new runners to pieces!!!! Hashem certainly delivered with the new Nimbus 18s! They are in my FAVOURITE colours!!! 

Clearly it was time to upgrade. :( womp womp.
Supination nation right here folks.
 Very excited to spend the summer days with this chick! I took this photo yesterday morning before her grooming appointment and I couldn't stop laughing!

And now isn't she beautiful?!

Pumped to run with the BLT Runners! (Beechville, Lakeside, Timberlea...not bacon lettuce tomato, lol). A new running club has emerged in my area and it's just awesome! It's awesome for many reasons but one of the biggest reasons is that it came about by our connection to the beautiful Rails to Trails in our region that we all use and love. The BLT Runners motto is about passion and not pace. Runners of various abilities are included and the creators have done an amazing job launching the group! Check them out :D Also come run with us Monday evenings at the Coke Plant trail entrance at 6:30! 


Lastly, I'll be pacing the 1:50 half marathon at the Epic Canadian Race next Saturday!!! Who else is taking part in the event?!


I hope all is well with you guys! Tell me, what's new with you? What are some of your currentlys?

Thanks for stopping by the GGR blog space! Have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

15 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your new running shoes - they are beautiful! Almost as beautiful as Lola :)

    You always look so so so strong in your running photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLAAA! She is a dear. I never saw her so pissed off hahaha! I am glad you are getting some good runs in! Have you ever paced before? That is exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've paced two half marathons. Lola can get pissed, lol.

      Delete
  3. OMG Lola's hair is cracking me up! She has bangs!

    I love blue running shoes but I always feel like they look weird on my feet!

    You look SO strong. Your last instagram pic of you planking was major inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeland is such a good show! Glad to hear all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I love it, but something happens and I just can't get past it!!! lol

      Delete
  5. Yay for summer vacation!! When did your school year start? Ours starts the first Wednesday in September and ends the fourth Thursday in June! Hope you get some relaxation! I hope to increase my summer mileage. I really want to run a half marathon this fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We start Sept 6! It will fly by I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. I have the same challenges during "open toe shoe season" :(
    I've resigned myself to finding cute flats that will cover my toenail-less toes until I find the miracle that will prevent toenail loss while marathon training

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure how I missed this post, but I am so glad I got to see Lola with bangs LOL So much cuteness.
    I saw your FB/IG posts about your long runs- you rock :) and how freaking awesome you have someone to run with for the long ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make the long run go by fast!

      Delete
  8. Did you know you can create short links with LinkShrink and make $$$ from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete