Sunday, 7 February 2016

Some Sunday Stuff!

Hey guys! 

I hope you had a super duper Sunday RUNday!!! I'm sure many of you are enjoying the Super Bowl right now, but if you are like me you are doing anything but watching football. ;) 

How Lola reacted when I told her this Sunday is the Super Bowl, lol. 

It's a shame what a rough life she has. ;) 
On Saturday a "Memory" popped up on my Facebook from 5 years ago! This was the Hypo Half of 2011! I finished in 1:46:32. :)

Saturday was super sunny and mild so I headed out for my 5 miler. When you are sort of injured (I say this because my Physiotherapist and Masseuse tell me that it isn't actually an injury---? They explained that some areas are just weak/over worked), you are more than delighted to lace up and head out! And that's exactly how I felt yesterday morning.

Done done done! Just tightness not pain, and I stopped at half way and stretched out the old hammies.

A few people have asked how I prep my veggies so here's how I roll:

There's certainly no Master Chef creations happening in the Callaghan kitchen. It's usually something quick, but healthy. We ALWAYS have broccoli and carrots and I often have sweet potato. Often times I will roast peppers and normal white potatoes too. 

I usually use a glass casserole dish drizzled with extra virgin olive oil to put my chopped veggies in and then use spice of choice. I really like this one: 

It's also awesome on chicken!!!! 
Mrs. Dash is a great spice to use as well! I love it on regular potatoes. And when I cook sweet potatoes I use garlic powder and chilli powder with EVOO. :)

I'm really excited too because I just got a new Rachel Ray frying pan and it's amazing!

On Saturday Sam and I headed downtown and I replenished my running stash of Gu and nuun in hopes that I'll be logging some mega miles again soon. :)
I bet most of you have these things in your kitchen also. ;)
Sunday Long Run: 
I was Sooooooo nervous for this run! I had not hit double digit runs in forever! I knew I had to keep it easy and flat or I'd pay dearly, so that's just what I did. I basically saw every runner in the hood while I was out. :) Matt drove by when I was at 7.5 miles and I stopped to stretch and say, "Hi." He took these action shots, lol. And I should tell you I totally forgot to hit stop on the garmin! :(

So long!

The hamstring gets a bit tight near  the top and I managed it by incorporating stretch breaks throughout the run. Overall I felt a trillion times better than I was!
Actual moving time was 1:22:34 since I left it running when I saw Matt. 
French toast and fruit for an awesome recovery meal...mmm.

Here's a quick fruit story for you: 

Heather went to the grocery store yesterday to buy strawberries to go with her french toast. Heather saw that the small container of strawberries was $9.99!!!!!!!! 
Heather left the store without any strawberries. 
Heather was sad. :(
Add caption
 But Heather was happy to be recording actual runs in her training journal again. ;)


I basically sweep and mop around the yoga mat and foam roller these days. I just got tired of taking it out and putting it away so freakin' often, lol.

Lastly, I'll leave you with my long run play list. (Because I LOVE to see what other people listen to and maybe someone will get a good tune idea from my list).



Thanks for stopping by the GGR blog this evening!
How was your Sunday RUNday?
Has produce become ridiculously overpriced in your neck of the woods? 
Are you watching the Super Bowl?

Happy Running,
Heather :)

10 comments:

  1. No I do NOT have those things in my kitchen! :) The most "runner-y" things I have in my kitchen are salt tabs and protein powder in one of the cabinets.

    Lola and I share the same sentiments about football.

    Thanks for the veggie update. They look so good. :) I need to make myself take the time to make my veggies taste good. Here is what I do: Open bag of frozen broccoli, pour in bowl, heat in microwave, add salt, eat. Needless to say, it doesn't taste that good.

    I'm glad you are back out there and it's coo you saw all your friends on your run! No one around here runs. There is one guy, I am not sure where he lives, but sometimes he runs through our neighborhood. We call him The Hopper because he basically runs on his tippy toes. I am the only other person in my hood that runs! We do live in sort of an older neighborhood though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Matt and I first moved to the neighbourhood there was only a couple of runners around. Now there are runners everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Your veggie sounds delish :) I need to try.I have to get more veggies back in my diet especially since I am not running.
    I am so glad you are back out there and going with no pain.
    I have lots of Nuun, vitamin D and calcium sitting around :) Oh and the joint stuff...chrondrotin(sp?)
    Look how far you have come with your half marathon time!! awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $9.99 for strawberries is so much! They are pricey here too. I'm allergic to strawberries, but I had to run quickly to Whole Foods to pick some up for a photo shoot we were doing at work. A tiny little container of them was $8-something! I was shocked and for the first time ever happy that I am allergic to strawberries so they are not even tempting to me or my wallet, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, fruit is pricey here too. I had a person at the register tell me she couldn't believe I was spending so much money on grapes, lol!

    I'm glad you had a good run. What stretches do you do for your hammies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do the basics: Leg on the ottoman with slow oscillations in and out until there's a gentle stretch for 60 seconds. I do sciatic flossing, glute bridges with a 25% knee squeeze (with ball), and hamstring curls.

      Delete
  5. I'm sooo glad you haven't been having pain!

    I've been craving strawberries too. How crazy that they're so pricey right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I actually found them at wal mart for $5.97 and I was like, "whoa, cheap!" LOL

      Delete