How has your week been? I have to tell you that I jammed my pointer finger on my right hand in the door when I got home today and every time I hit a key with that finger, it hurts. :( This post will likely be short, lol.
1. Tune of the week: You need to listen to my newest addition to my "Current Faves" play list for working out/running (this week it's been waaaay more working out than running, but I am hopeful that will change soon). :) Check out "I of the Storm," by Of Monsters and Men. It's not a super fast song but I love it!!!! These guys are one of Matt's and my favourite groups for sure.
2. My Super Sweet Students :)
One of my second graders brought me this owl chalk board just because. :) How sweet!
3. I did RUN. :)I ran. It didn't feel awesome but it felt better. I would describe it as "tight and pulling." Since this short 5k run I've been to my Physio therapist and got major improvements, even though I was very worried her technique was borderline torture. For real! LOL. I'm running again tomorrow and it will likely be on the TM because we just got blasted with snow again today.
I've run through many muscular injuries in the past (while getting treatment of course), but this particular issue is affecting my joint mobility and that sh*t is painFUL! Apparently your SI joints rotate between 4-10 degrees on average and mine is less than that because of knots/trigger points that I am getting worked out. I am also doing a TON of stretches and exercises to kick this issue to the curb.
Here's an idea of what I do twice a day!
- knee over opposite thigh stretch
- hamstring stretch
- hamstring curls
- one leg bridge lifts
- knee squeezes
- sciatic flossing
Of course some of the above names I've renamed so I'd remember them, lol.
|Sciatic flossing at work ;)|
I'll let you know how tomorrow's run goes. ;)
4. Trying to Eat Healthy ;)
Post workout snack in the car that was very cold when I got out of the gym!
Tasty Salmon and Veggies for dinner, mmm.
5. Being injured means more time for shopping. Trying to look on the bright side ;)
I love this cool little Zen sand garden I found!
And HELLO new boots that were 30% off! <3
Lola and I are so glad you stopped by the GGR blog on this snowy evening. :) Thanks a bunch!
What's your favourite workout tune right now???
Did you get a blizzard blast this week too?