Wednesday, 6 January 2016

First Post of 2016!

Happy New Year!!!

Since the start of 2016 I've been super busy! I literally went from full-on vacation mode right into this:
Boston Training has begun, so I plotted out my long runs on the calendar and filled in all the necessary info. You know, 'cause I like to be all OCD and stuff when it comes to a training plan

And also back to this:
Sniff sniff...this was already after one tap, lol.
It was actually really nice to get back to work and see all my students and staff again though. :) 

I feel compelled to tell you that I forsee this post being slightly random but I'll try my best to keep you focused, lol.

On New Year's Day I headed out for my first run of 2016. It seemed only fitting to do 16km for sake of doing so. Then I logged onto Instagram and found out that the entire running world had the same idea...LOL.

Lola likes to pretend her New Year's accessory is a tiara, lol. Just kidding...she is highly motivated by treats. ;)

I managed to get caught up on some reading while I waited for my car to be serviced. This book is getting off to a great start. Dr. Jeff Brown works with athletes of the Boston Marathon, which is pretty cool.

Yes Christmas is over and yes I'm still on the Hot Chocolate train. It's just so delicious!

My first long run of the year was crazy hilly and tough. Post run, Matt and I headed over to our favourite diner for an amazing feast!

Back to the usual grind. The gym was totally bizarre on Monday afternoon: There was literally 5 people there when I arrived and then suddenly, there were no benches or TMs available! I was very thankful for my early arrival!

So you have to head on over to the tiux page and check out yours truly! It feels crazy cool and also sort of weird to see  yourself on the internet, when of course it isn't your own blog...lol.


Check it out! 


This week has been full on winter temperatures. On Tuesday I was expecting to see Polar Bears or Penguins along my commute to work. It was SOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!! I bundled up like a boss. 

I'm no longer able to run when I want since my vacation time is totally up, so it's back to looking like a coal miner during my evening runs.

And of course, my running clearly makes Lola exhausted. <3

Trying to stay fuelled with good nutrients now since I'm back into full on training mode. ;)  This spicy thai stirfry definitely warmed me up after my run this evening....mmm.

How has your new year started off??? 
Training for anything in particular?

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have yourself a beautiful day. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)


14 comments:

  1. I think you bare in desperate need of a new Hal Higdon book...the poor cover is peeling off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes the cover is in pretty bad shape!

      Delete
  2. Mmmm stir fry- I forgot about stir fry! I need to start making a mental list of yummy healthy foods BESIDES chicken + veggies. I am just so sick of chicken. When I eat it, it's utilitarian, not yummy.

    Lola looks THRILLED for the new year.

    Shit hit the fan here too and winter has arrived.

    Let's see, we must be almost halfway through the school year! Maybe summer vacation will be here before we know it..

    Hey, congrats on Tiux! I did go to the page and read about you when you posted it on Facebook. Have you ever written a blog about how you got started in running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not posted about that, but what a great idea!!!!

      I need to make stirfry more as well. Matt and I devoured it last night!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your Tiux ambassadorship! I like those neon socks you are wearing in the pictures on their website. I might have to get a pair.

    Good luck getting back into the swing of things with work and training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should definitely buy a pair! They are really comfortable. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. You are the perfect ambassador!
    Wasn't it nice being able to sleep in and run mid-day? Sigh.. I miss that this week, I enjoyed my runs so much last week!
    Our gym has been crazy busy, I can't even get a spot in the mirror...
    I am running a half in Feb. and hopefully a full in March (fingers crossed my old bones hold up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! I am really hoping this winter is cooperative for marathon training. Good luck with your training!

      Delete
  5. That snow looks awesome... when we get it we don't have snow-plows or anything, so running is a risky adventure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow does look awesome and beautiful, LOL however it is super annoying because the sidewalks and my running trails are still covered and icy.

      Delete
  6. I have races lined up until June, then I take a break for the summer, then I'm back at it for the rest of the year. I'm trying to stick to one race a month and not overdo it too much. I don't have any full marathons this year but I am planning for a couple of Ragnars and those leg distances vary (never up to 26 total miles though...at least that won't be my leg!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a very busy year in racing! So far I am only registered for one race LOL.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the ambassadorship! I can't wait to follow your Boston training again! It's so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete