Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Another Year Older and Other Random Tidbits

Hey there runner peeps!

I hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween. :)  I definitely consumed enough candy to be borderline shamed about. How about you??? Please make me feel better! 

Before we get into the random goings on of GGR I need to know if anyone else is as obsessed with Adele's new song as I am?! Like seriously, I ran 6 miles tonight, and it was the only song that played on repeat. It's that awesome. I just feel bad for the car parked next to me at a red light watching me bellow out the chours, LOL. Check it out: 


Halloween!
Halloween was pretty awesome this year. The weather was gorgeous and I love running in my spooky green spider socks that I bought maybe six years ago at the dollar store! 

7.5 miles at 7:57 pace/mile on the sunny trail in SHORTS!!!

I ran while Miss Lola was at the doggy spa (or in other words, getting trimmed up to look less like a mop). She was not impressed when I put her Halloween shirt on that Sam gave her, lol. Of course she tolerated it enough to get a treat. ;)

Just before dark I rushed into pumpkin carving mode since I left them until absolutely last minute!

Doesn't Lola look cranky from barking at over 120 trick-or-treaters? LOL


Did you get lots of trick-or-treaters?

Sunday's Long run was fueled by an abnormal amount of Halloween candy. :) I finally wore my Chicago Marathon shirt for the FIRST time!


Okay, my second grade teacher posted this photo on facebook and I could not stop laughing! I love seeing pics like this. Can you spot me???

Funny story about these spunky calf sleeves: When I was at the Chicago Marathon expo I saw these Run Happy sleeves that I fell immediately in love with. After buying them and returning to our hotel I tried them on right away, only to discover that they both said, "Happy." Weird I thought. "Weren't they supposed to say RUN HAPPY???" Maybe not I guessed, until the next morning I spotted a runner in front of me wearing the exact same pair which said, "Run Happy." GRR! I had a faulty package! Why must things like this always happen to me I wondered as I ran through the streets of Chicago. Upon returning to Nova Scotia, I emailed Brooks Running and they sent me a replacement pair! Yay  Brooks! So now I have a pair of sleeves that both say, "Happy" if anyone's interested? ;)

So a super humilating trip to Costco (which involved me spilling my entire Starbucks americano misto on the floor at the cash, yeah that was me) on Sunday afternoon resulted in this purchase:
I can't stop eating this! It reminds me of the Garrett's popcorn from Chicago. Who is going to move in with me to slap it out of my hands the next time I reach for the bag???
My Birthday!
My family from Newfoundland mailed me a birthday package and it felt like Christmas morning! They totally spoiled me. :)


Look how cute this necklace is with capsuled charms! I apologize for the craptastic talent of my phone for picture taking.

Sam stopped by on her way to work to drop off a little something as well. :) 

Facebook is so nice...



And so is Starbucks: Hello free birthday latte!

So I'm sure you've already seen my awesome cake via Facebook, IG or Twitter. If not check it out!!!
Matt and Lola know how to make a girl happy. <3
 And they decorated the house a bit too which was super cute. :)

For my birthday run I called it a day at six miles so I could hurry home to talk to family and stuff my face have a small birthday treat. ;)
See, I can run fast when there's cake at the finish.
 Time for cake! Excuse the no make up messy hair. I promise I won't go out in public like this.

So it's also report card season which means lots of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'll catch up on blog reading this weekend I promise! Thanks so much for stopping by my little space in the blogosphere. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Heather :) What a sweet cake!!
    So glad you can run happy now ;)
    Who knew you had such serious pumpkin carving skills!
    Love Adele, I often listen to Fire in the Rain on repeat lol Now I have a new song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday....would love the calf sleeves but one of my calves would make two of yours...lol I love that charm....its so fitting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bday! Lola looks pissed in both of those pictures. I love her. :) That is funny you got defective sleeves. What I thought you were going to say is that you spotted someone with two sleeves that said "RUN" and then you both swapped so you would have Run Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! That cake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy late birthday! I can't believe you had that many trick-or-treaters, we had about 6, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday (again). Love the cake! It's been ages since I've had a DQ cake :( Must change that. I absolutely LOVE your calf sleeves and feeling the need to start branching out in colours/brands for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a great birthday! I've been singing along to Hello in my car every morning. I'm reaaaaaally good, I swear! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday :) I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete