Friday, 9 October 2015

Windy City, Here I Come!!!

Tomorrow morning dark and early Matt and I will be cruising at 37000 feet headed to Chicago!

There are so many blogger friends running this marathon and I'm going to be so super sad if I don't run into any of them there. Running gods, please please please make this happen!

Clearly the last few weeks of my training definitely did not go as planned. I've had some ups and downs in my thinking on this marathon but I've finally come to terms with what is and I plan on taking it all in on Sunday morning as I cover 26.2 new to me miles with 45000 runners! That has to be pretty awesome right?!


I finally took the last of the huge horse pills on Monday morning and I'm pretty sure I heard the whole crowd cheer. ;)

Being dehydrated can create knots in your muscles, EVEN WHEN YOU WEREN'T RUNNING! I know right. This meant a visit to Mitch after school on Monday for some super awesome dry needling. :D (Slightly sarcastic). Even though I ensured him that I was in no mood to do calf stretches, he insisted. :S

My kids and I have been doing yoga EVERY day this week! :D They love it and of course I do too. :)

My coworkers are super supportive of my marathon weirdness and sudden appearance of marathon knots...lol.

Keepin' up the habit and calming the pre-race jitters. <3

Tuesday night run:
All I could think about was how good it felt to run!

A student brought me in a bag of cookies!!! A BAG! They smelled amazing and are in my freezer for my return from Chicago.

At an after school meeting on Wednesday my admin brought in CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM. Like seriously?! I said, "Screw it." And enjoyed every last taste, lol.

Yee worked her magic on after the whole ice cream fiasco.

And she also worked these crazy cups, which wasn't awesome....lol.

I was full of bright ideas on Wednesday night's run. Hehehe.

My final run of my 18 week training plan was a run with 20 4th and 5th graders at Running Club on Thursday. We did a 0.5km loop and about 3/4 of the way around the first loop one boy behind me said in a huffing breath, "Are you even tired?!" LOL.

Today my school went outside and did peace chalk art graffiti. Look at this cool Thanksgiving turkey someone did! Matt and I will thoroughly enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner next weekend. :)

Just carb loading on the way home from school. No big deal.

So I'll obviously keep my IG and facebook posts going while I'm away. But you can follow Matt and I by downloading the Chimarathon app as well!

Good luck to all runners!!! 
What are your weekend running plans???

Happy Running,
Heather :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay you are so ready!!! Safe travels, and I can't wait to track you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck this weekend! Have fun in Chicago - it's one of my favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running on antibiotics can be so tough. I'm glad you're being careful to hydrate. I can't wait to track you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I just have a quick long run before football starts today. That is awesome that you get to train with your students, and that they get to run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Gotta love running with kids :) I am checking IG to see what you posted! It is so nice everyone is supportive at work.

    ReplyDelete