Sunday, 4 October 2015

Life Is Good :)

Hey gang, (okay as I typed that I giggled because if you ever watched 8 minute abs/arms you'll know that the guy in the blue spandex jumper says that! LOL).

I'm going to say (with caution) that I am finally feeling 90% like myself. :) Yay! I even returned to regular running this week and I was thankful for every step, even the rainy ones. ;)

Along with my regular running I am trying to get back into regular eating. As it turns out chicken noodle soup isn't very substantial during marathon training and I need to replenish the nutrients/lbs I may have lost when I was sick. This week the focus will be on nutrition, muscle care and getting my energy back.

We launched Running Club at school and were forced into the gymnasium since there was practically a hurricane outside! 17 laps around the gym was 1km! LOL....each lap the kids picked up a popsicle stick and I'm still counting them in my dreams to this day. ;)  It was so fun! Some of the funny things that made me grin during running club:


  • A grade 5 boy leaning against the stage stretching his quads, " Yeah, I run a bunch of marathons." 
  • One of the boys who ran next to me: "My mom ran the 5K Marathon at the Blue Nose and only took ONE drink!" 
  • Another student with rosey red cheeks and huffing breath: "Have  you been running this WHOLE time?! How many popsicle sticks do you have???" LOL, I actually stopped taking the sticks because they were starting to run low but he was amazed!

Apparently I was worried I'd forget my running club sneakers so along with those I packed my gym shoes again. My gym bag has been in my car for weeks now, just in case. LOL.
 Don't panic, I have been working out a bit at home.

With Lola, LOL.

I was just so happy to be running again, I totally ignored the fact that it was raining cats and dogs out.

Oh look, more rain on the Garmin. Yes, I love my blue mizuno running long sleeve so I wear it a lot. <3

Okay, I hope everyone has a group of friends like mine who you can get together with and enjoy some laughs, tears, and even hair braiding with. ;) Saturday night my awesome friend Erin, who is the world's best hostess, invited us over for Girl's Night. So fun. I was not sure what to bring and since usually I take my Mango Salsa everywhere I thought I'd switch it up.

Trudy told me over the phone how to make that yummy taco dip and it wasn't as hard as I thought. In fact I really liked it!
I may have went overboard with the cilantro, but who doesn't love cilantro?!
 We had a family selfie before I left of course, and clearly Lola was having a great time. LOL.

Last Sunday RUNday until the big 26.2 in Chicago next weekend!!!

Today was the perfect fall running day! The trail is getting colourful and the sun was shining. So many runners were out!

Post run I met Matt for lunch...mmm.


Then I replenished our Gel stash. Some may call this overkill, I like to call it "A running couple doing Chicago in 6 days."

Lola and I totally chilled and then Courteney came by so she got to see me in my Sunday best, lol. Grey sweat pants for the win.

How did this happen???

Lots of marathon prep this week and packing! Not to mention deciding on a race outfit! Any suggestions??? I'm totally unsure.

Who is running Chicago???
What do you do for marathon prep?

Thanks for visiting GGR you lovely readers!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

9 comments:

  1. Time to start stalking Chicago weather charts daily! lol I hope it is nice out for you. That was a great long run after being sick. I know it is nerve wracking getting sick before a a big race, but I think you will be feeling strong and ready to roll by the race, I have a good feeling about it :)
    I love that Lola has a sparkly pillow lol
    I do love cilantro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and all your taco, nacho dishes!!! ;)

    I am so glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to follow you at Chicago and soon we will get to see Flat Heather.

    It was raining like crazy here this week too. It wasn't really bad for my runs, but it makes the work day dreary looking out the window and seeing it is so dark outside.

    Have a great week, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not running Chicago, but I have a lot of friends who are. I do not really train per se for marathons. I just kinda go do it. I love the sparkly pillow and your cute dog. Thanks for sharing
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better, nothing worse then feeling sick and unable to run! Chicago is going to be awesome for you! And that dip looks too good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I have a very similar Gu pile sitting in my kitchen ready to be packed up! :)

    I'm so glad that you are feeling better and getting a pep back in your step before the big day in Chi town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so much fun in chicago!!! You're going to do AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better!! I'll be tracking you on race day...I hope I wake up in time haha!

    I love cilantro, but some people apparently think it tastes like soap. Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best in Chicago! Can't wait to read all about it.
    I love hearing about what your students say about their moms running. Cool to think about running moms having that kind of influence on their kids. So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best in Chicago! Can't wait to read all about it.
    I love hearing about what your students say about their moms running. Cool to think about running moms having that kind of influence on their kids. So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete