Wednesday, 2 September 2015

When I'm Not Blogging...

 When I'm not blogging these days it's because I'm doing things like this...

And this...

That's right, it's back to school time for GGR and this year I'm back into the classroom teaching grades 1 and 2 100%! For the past few years I've taught Early Literacy Support to struggling readers and writers paired with some classroom. I was beyond excited to start decorating and finally cover the room with my favourite colours and designs. :)
My sister said she was not surprised at my choice of decor...lol.
Still loving these baskets from Target. If I had known Target was leaving when I got them, I definitely would have bought more!

Okay last pic, for now...lol.

Other things I'm doing when I'm not blogging:

Making wise choices like running 9 muggy miles without water. Yeah, I'm on the ball like that. Matt makes sure I'm well hydrated by driving by and giving me a little sip...lol.
This was at 7.5 miles/9 and the guy in his driveway giggled when we pulled in there and I chugged out of a 4L!
See, he even had this laid out for me when I got home. :)

Later that day...
Peppermint Gelato while I restocked my work clothes stash at the mall. ;)
I'm conquering my first 20 miler since the Spring! The weather was much much more humid and warmer for this one. ;)


Starbucks emailed me a coupon for a frappucino that same day. It was like a sign from God. (Okay, so maybe I was the only one who heard angels sing when the Barista handed me this).

I'm also prepping for some back to school snacks when I'm not blogging, like mango salsa

and Aunt Brenda's Energy bites!

I hit my highest mileage month of the year! (I don't know about you, but I heard the crowd cheer). ;)
That's 363.25km
When I'm not blogging I am often watching Roswell. How have I not watched this before?! LOVE!!!!
 Image result for roswell

I'm beaming about my very first attempt at tomatoes! Next year I want a bigger vegetable garden because using something that you grew in your very own garden is 50 shades of exciting!

I am taking akward gym selfies when I'm not blogging, lol.

I am running my most craptastic ten miler of the year. Yay me. Eating too much too close to the run will give me stomach/side cramps and I just don't seem to remember that when I have the after school munchies.

So of course I am also trying for redemption the very next day. One of my mid miles was 6:59. I was pleased. :)

I sure am going to miss this face when I'm at work

I am also very nervous, excited, anxious and slightly terrified to meet my 19 new peeps for the next 10 months tomorrow! :0  Wish me luck!

Thanks for not completely forgetting about me when I was MIA. You rock. ;)

Happy Running,
Heather :)
P.S. Don't forget I'll be pacing the 1:50 1/2 marathon at Maritime Race Weekend NEXT WEEKEND!!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Good luck at school!!! I *just* found out about my teaching position. So much to do this weekend - but high school prep is a bit different ;-)

    Have a great first day! I'm sure you will great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ran the equivalent of 1km per day for a year.....but in one month. Wowzers!!!!

    Good luck on your first day.....you'll do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I already told you but your classroom looks so cheery and inviting!

    Congrats on such a high mileage month and your first 20 miler since spring! I love that pic of your sneakers- is that a tattoo??

    My kitties miss me too, but they have been giving me some extra love. I went to bed at 7 last night (soooooo freaking tired) and he came up and fell asleep right with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your first class, you're gonna rock! I'd love to run your slow pace! HAHA! Love seeing what you're doing outside of running! Keep it up chica! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peppermint ice cream SOOO much!! It's kind of the only reason I love Christmas haha.

    I'm blown away by your mileage!! How do your legs stay so healthy?! When I push mileage, I get SOOO achy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG great runs!!!!!!! Congrats on your mileage and how great your training has been! Your classroom looks great BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new classroom of students! Love the colourful atmosphere and the owls.

    ReplyDelete