Thursday, 10 September 2015

Maritime Race Weekend Eve!!!!

Hey everyone!

I realize my blog posts have been few and far between these days, but September is insanely busy for teachers!!! (As I'm sure most of you already know). Either way, here's a quick update about my training and my pacing a half marathon on Saturday. :)

In September many of your activities are about getting to know your students. Of course with a model:


The first Friday of the school year was totally awesome since I capped it off with my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season!
It was like pure bliss in a cup. :)
My training mileage is getting real high. Like really high. I did my second super duper long run on Sunday in the humidity that came out of nowhere. I suffered through this run near the end big time.
21.25 miles basically made me useless for the rest of the long weekend. Yep.
And evidently very dirty....I never check my legs post run, except of course on rainy muddy runs, lol. After my long run I vegged out on the deck for a bit and noticed my legs were quite the sight.

Lola vegged inside. And no, she didn't run, lol.

So as my running shoes approach 400ish miles they start to look like this. I know.

I made the executive decision to use my retired Nimbus 16s for my long run and the couple of short runs after that.

Until my new ones arrived!

Monday was all about easy cross training. I biked on the trail and it was awesome.

Of course I got in a few short runs after work as well each evening. It's reflective vest season again runners! Don't get caught in the dark like me.


And of course it's Maritime Race Weekend!!!!!

I sat through insane traffic to pick up our pace bunny kits and it made me even more grateful that I don't work downtown...lol. You should also note that I left straight from school and had blue crayola marker smudged on my left boob and the race organizer was so nice to let me know, lol!

Okay, so I think we can agree that this is a pretty cool bib. ;)

I'm doing the 1:50 half marathon hitting up 8:24 min/miles and 5:13 min/km. Follow me if this is your target! I'll be wearing a bright orange t-shirt on Saturday morning that says, "White Rabbit Pacing" on it. Probably my mint compression socks as well. And of course, these ears!!! I'm waaay too excited. I'm sure Matt thinks I've gone crazy, lol.

Thanks so much to Durwin and the MRW organizers for setting this up!

Now don't forget, tomorrow night is the Sunset 5k so come out and run, cheer or volunteer! Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by the GGR blog and have a lovely day. :)
Are you taking part in Maritime Race Weekend?
Have you paced a race before?

Happy Running,
Heather :)

5 comments:

  1. I had a dirt tan from where my KT tape was on my long run! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. September is such a busy month! I was at work yesterday with dirt all over me from my car - completely not running related but the dirt sure did not go with my dress ;)
    Hope to see you this weekend...I'll be handing out medals both days. Enjoy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun pacing!!! I know you are going to get many runners to their goal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great with your training! You will be a great pace bunny, I hope you have a great time :)
    My shoes usually go belly up about 400 miles too. I wish they would last a little longer! It's is fun to get new ones with a new color scheme though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had fun! (Sorry I am so late in commenting on blogs lately!) Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete