Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Sweet Salutations to Summer Vacation ;)

Happy Canada Day!

It just so happens to be the first day of my summer vacation and I can hardly believe it...for real. This school year zoomed by like a speeding bullet and feels somewhat like a blur. I have secured a permanent job next year at a different school which means I had to say goodbye to so many incredible teachers and students. :(

This morning I got to enjoy my coffee and take Lola out for an extra long sunny walk. She's now basking in the shade to cool off, lol. Meanwhile, I'm attempting to catch up in the great blogosphere!

Here's a bit of what I've been up to while I've been MIA in blogging....

My sister and her bf came to visit so we did some hanging out (shopping and eating, lol) around Halifax.

I visited my new school and got a feel for my new classroom. Everything is basically packed up but I can't wait to turn it into my own in a couple of months. :)

I've discovered that even shady runs on the trail require sunglasses to keep the bugs out of my eyes. ;) Now if only I could keep them out of my mouth, eew.

I completed my first scorching set of 800s in my Chicago Marathon Training plan and thought I was going to die, but I didn't. ;)

I got a great long run in after I dropped Trudy and Mark off to the airport last Sunday. It was my longest since Boston! I was not even planning on going so far and did not use enough body glide...ouch!!!!!

I can't seem to get enough of my new wakey shakey :D

Mix tons of pineapple, tons of kale, banana, shredded unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, protein powder and coconut water with a dash of almond milk...enjoy!
 Or my pineapple top! This is what happens when you're waiting for your sister to shop til' she drops at H & M...lol.
The first graders were totally captivated by the sequin pineapple and really wanted to touch it. Must be the shimmer, lol.

I also took my bike out for a spin. It was my first ride of the year and boy is my butt sure reminding me of that!

Hehehehe, here's what I sent my sister yesterday afternoon... I don't think she was impressed!

Summer vacation kick off: 6 Summery miles. ;)

Love love love my new mug from the staff at SLES!

So I promise to return to regular blogging now that school is done. :D I don't know how daily bloggers do it! You guys rock. :)

Thanks for popping by to visit and have a wonderful Canada Day!!!!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

19 comments:

  1. Yaaa for summer vacation and a permanent home for next year :) Enjoy the freedom while you are off!
    I could never be a daily post person, I have a hard time once a week it seems lol
    Your long run rocked, but ouch!! I know that stung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on locking up the new school, I'm sure it feels reassuring to have that done. You have to consider the bugs great in run fuel, you can leave the gels and blocks at home lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, ya'll really go to school a long time up there..lol Congrats on the permanent job next year that is exciting. How long have you been a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I havent' subbed since 2006, but I've had term contracts each year since then and then was a probationary teacher. Now I am permanent :D

      Delete
  4. I didn't miss summer break, until 2/3 of my household get one :) You deserve it, so enjoy it. Any Chicago recommendations are welcome, I'll be there next week for work! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, check out some good eats for me! ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy Summer Vacation!!!!! :) I feel the same way about getting back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else has the same struggle! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the finally starting your Summer Vacation!!!!!!!! I'm struggling to get my long runs in because of the heat :( 16 miles was a struggle for me I don't know how you do it and make it look so easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not as hot here I'm sure ;)

      Delete
  7. Happy Canada Day!

    I missed you while you were gone so I am loving the long updates. Also the pineapple shirt! It does not surprise me that a bunch of 1st graders wanted to touch it!

    I hope your summer vacation starts off fabulously! Are you guys going on any trips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg!

      I am going to NL to visit family and then Matt and I are possibly going to PEI :) Our big trip will be Chicago in October!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're JUST getting done for summer! That's crazy. Congrats on the new job, and enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :( Just finished now! We go back on September 1 this year.
      Thanks Cassie!

      Delete
  9. Happy summer vacation to you!!!! Oh the thought of having the whole summer off! Enjoy your days, the sunshine, running when you want to and time with friends and family :)
    Cheers, Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yes having the summer off certainly pays up for the crazy busy 10 months of teaching!

      Delete
  10. Your classroom is SO BIG. I'm beyond jealous.

    ReplyDelete