Friday, 31 July 2015

Friday 5 :)

How's everyone's week going so far???

I've been hobbling around with the Tely 10 DOMS but I'm definitely on the mend now. I've mostly been sore in the same areas post-Boston with the downhill segments straining my vastus medialis. And that's no fun. My runs have been at a conservative pace because I don't want to push it post-race in the midst of marathon training, yikes.

1. Blooper Reel:
This one goes out to all of you who have ever told me that my race photos 'look great' or I 'make it look so easy,' lol. I thought I'd let you in on a few unflattering photos that my Aunt Brenda and friend Janice found for me. I'm sure they loved hitting send for these!

Exhibit A:
The face of "Why the heck am I doing this?"
I actually saw this camera and just didn't give a heck. Puke had started coming before I crossed the chip mat and I'm actually shocked it isn't visible in this photo, lol. 

Exhibit B:
 Next up, evidence that I've had a good run. When I vomit at the finish it's usually in the name of a Personal Best. I really wish I knew what this guy on the right pointing was saying...lol. I really think you guys should caption this! 


#3 Okay, even I can tell that he's saying "Screw it, she's still puking and I'm getting some great footage here!" LOL. If you know this guy I would love to get the shots he got! For real. When Aunt Brenda sent me this she captioned it "Busted!" LOL.



Despite the unfortunate pics from above, the Tely 10 finish is totally awesome and is definitely up in my top 3. You can actually see the mile 10 marker on the left side of the photos (triangular shape).

2. A Super Delicious Snack Recipe!
I think the secret to my Tely 10 PB were these:

Energy Bites! The night before the Tely 10 I ate maybe 5 of Aunt Brenda's. They were so yummy and she said they were easy, so I knew they were. ;) I even had one with breakfast this morning before my 8 miler.

They ARE so easy, and yummy! Try them. You're Welcome. :)

3. My Boston Certificate Came!!! 
I checked the mail every. single. day. for this guy! My Instagram feed was exploding with finisher's certificates and mine was still a no show. Then on Tuesday, it came!!!
 I can even be creative I guess. I don't know who I am anymore. 


4. Training Runs
I took Monday as a complete Rest day. Like no working out what so ever! After my flight I was super tight from the race and it took everything in me to drag my luggage out to the car to meet Matt. True words.

On Tuesday, I survived a 3 mile run...Bravo Heather. Bravo. 
Hey and if you like my compression socks above today is the last day to take advantage of the GGR 10% Discount Code!!!! Don't forget that they also have free Canadian and U.S. Shipping!!! 


On Wednesday I conquered 6 sluggish miles. Slu-gg-i-sh.

And on Thursday Stella  Heather got her groove back, not pace, but groove back with 8 HOT HOT miles. ;) LOL.

5. Lola Ludy <3
Lola's favourite part of Summer Vacation: sleeping in with Mommy.
 And also tanning on the deck with Mommy. :)
Even if she tans in the shade...lol.
I'm going to do a +1 as well today. I have to send a HUGE shout out to my running bud Sam who is now sporting more than just race bling these days: She is now engaged!!!! CONGRATS!


Sam and I at Johnny Miles this past June.
Well I hope you all have a spectacular weekend and enjoy some sunny miles! Thanks for stopping by GGR. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

22 comments:

  1. Iove the vomit photos lol sooo funny!!!
    Thank you soo much for the shout out!! I'm so happy and excited 💍
    Great week and fantastic finish at telly 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you changed your photos up top- they look GREAT!!!

    I love what you did with your Bib/etc from last year. I made a scrapbook for my first Boston race. It turned out really cool but I never scrapbook anymore so that was the one and only time I did it for a race!

    I have made energy bites VERY similar to the ones you posted- SOOOOO GOOD. And darn I forgot about those. I need to make them! I am pretty sure I have all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hoping people would notice because it took me forever to figure out! lol

      Matt and I can't keep the energy bites for long. We devour them all at once. :(

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope someone tracks down the guy with the camera....those would be 'interesting' photos to have. Great job on the PB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to see those pics!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Umm, I have to admit...those finish photo's are awesome! Nothing like giving it your all and having many people capture it for you! Oh my! Great job on your race!
    Oh my those energy balls/bites - I make them all the time and they don't last long in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they are pretty cool!!

      Those energy bites don't last long here either apparently. :S

      Delete
  5. I thought you were kidding about the vomit. Poor Heather :( but the PB was so worth it lol Your pace was seriously awesome!
    You year has been great, Boston and the Telly 10.
    I wouldn't worry a bit about a few sluggish runs lol you earned them with a tough run.
    I asked my hubby to make me energy bites :) I hope I get a batch soon lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no kidding here! lol.

      Thanks Karen! I'm very happy to score 2 PB's. I've been trying to PB at the marathon for a while now and that's no easy feat!

      Delete
  6. OMG those puking shots are cracking me up! I love that the cameraman totally embraced the puke. You gotta love that race photos truly capture the pain and...beauty?...of the sport haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog header and that you included a pic of Lola running! You might need to rename the blog 2 Girls Go Running ;)

    That's so funny that the camera man actually got pics of you doing the PR Puke! Did any of the photos show up for purchase? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! I'm no tech guru and this took me forever to do! lol.

      Delete
  8. Those pictures are awesome, I may need to recreate some of those for myself lol. Getting your certificate has to be so gratifying, I want one bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! You'll totally get one of those certificates I know it!

      Delete
  9. You still look freaking phenomenal! Puking just shows how hardcore you are. Congratulations on such a great race!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The puke picture could have been so much worse... You must have ran a hard race though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you looking for free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & ABSOLUTELY FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete