I was recently contacted by tiux to write a review of their compression socks! How exciting is that?!
As you know I take my compression sock wearing quite seriously as a distance runner. I love them for 1/2 and full marathons, long runs and definitely for recovery. When I was asked to do the review I was a bit nervous because I had not used their products before. So I did a little research on the company and found out some super awesome facts! Check it out:
- They are a new startup online company that is based out of Vancouver - so cool that they're Canadian! I was already impressed. :)
- Very affordable! Try $35!!! Even discounted compression products from other companies don't compare by the time you include shipping and dollar exchange rates. Here's how they can pull off such a cost efficient price:
By streamlining their product and cutting out the middlemen they sell directly to the consumer offering a more reasonable price...$35!!!
- Not only are they super affordable, but they also have FREE SHIPPING to orders in the US and Canada with no minimum order required!
- They've also partnered with MAG (Mines Advisory Group) so that "1% of the revenue gets donated towards providing a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by violence and conflict." source
- Funky flashy colours!
- High performance material! "We work with the same factories that produce for leading sports apparel brands. We learn from their expertise to create the best product." source
I was super psyched when they arrived in the mail this week. :) And hello, look how sleek and classy the packaging is!
One thing I immediately noticed was the right/left foot designation. Already a bonus! I enjoy compression socks that have the specific foot labelled and I feel like they fit better.
Clearly I loved the colour right from the get go. And I have to say that the material was very smooth to the touch and I really liked how comfortable they felt on my feet. They are not made of harsh material as some compression socks are and actually felt quite satiny around my toes. :) I couldn't wait to take these babies out for a run!
Oh, and check out the super neat message on the inside!
|run. jump. go.|
I probably put more thought into matching the socks to my running outfit than was necessary I'm sure, lol.
I am very pleased and impressed with the tiux compression socks! They felt great on the run (I ran 9 super humid miles in them), they washed well in the laundry and I loved them post-long run! One thing I really loved was how much easier they were to get on than some of the other compression socks I own. I didn't have to wrestle with them at all! And now I think I need the yellow ones too. ;)
Here's some exciting news for you: You can check out girlgoesrunning on Instagram to enter and win a pair of your own!!! :D (Offer ends June 8!)
Now head on over to tiux and check them out! Thanks tiux for including me. :)
I was provided with a pair of tiux compression socks to write this review. All opinions are my own.