Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Recovery & A Few Exciting Bits!

So as it turns out I apparently asked a lot of my body last Monday and I'm learning that some body parts are more willing to forgive me than others....(knees and hips, I'm talkin' to you!).

I've managed a couple of super easy runs but I need to take a few more days off to play it safe. I was so glad that Megan shared this post today. It was exactly what I needed to read! And I think I just may give my running shoes to a trusted friend, just in case, lol. ;)

The cool thing about marathon recovery is that you can do a whole lot of nothing and not feel guilty about it...lol, or is that just me???

You can watch as many FRIENDS episodes as you like! "I got off the plane," gets me every time!

Lola's favourite part of the Boston Marathon is the annual photo shoot where she gets to sport the unicorn. :)
"Mommy, don't forget the cheese you promised me!"

You can also eat basically what you like! Sort of, lol. I had to get a few unhealthy things I'd been craving out of the way the first few days post marathon, but today I tried out an awesome new place at lunch while I was on a PD day. Freshii is absolutely delish!  Super duper healthy fresh food and HUGE servings! I had the tex mex burrito and I'll be definitely going back for more! Try it out. :)


2 Exciting Bits for you!

#1 This September I'll be pacing a race for the first time ever! I'm super excited to be a part of such an awesome crew of runners who will help other runners reach their timing goal! And not just that, but at an event that is completly and totally fantastic in itself, Maritime Race Weekend!!!

You can learn more about White Rabbit Pacing here!

#2 It looks like Matthew and I will be running The Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 11!!!!! I am so excited! This marathon has 45 000 runners!!!! 

I hope your week is off to a great start and thanks so much for dropping by! 
Are you running Chicago???
Locals, have you been to Freshii?
What's the next race on your radar? I'll be running the 1/2 marathon at the Blue Nose on May 17! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

24 comments:

  1. exciting news! Chicago is definitely on my "marathon list" but not for a couple of years (silly money!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm super excited!!! I see a lot of bloggers and IG friends are going so hopefully I'll get to meet a few. :D

      Delete
  2. Exciting you are going to Chicago with your hubby :) Do you run together or do your own thing for the races?
    Very cool you are going to pace bunny! That looks like a great event, love the pirate theme :)
    Rest up! You earned it and no, you shouldn't feel guilty one bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt and I totally do not run together! lol. He's quite a bit faster than me and I'd say in the 6 years we've been together we may have run together 4 times! ;)

      Delete
  3. Yay you are running Chicago! That is so exciting! I told Kristina that I know several people who ran Chicago and they all HIGHLY recommend it. That is also REALLY cool you are leading a pace group. I would love to do that but I never pursued it seriously. But it's on my bucket list. :) I am glad you are laying around and doing a lot of nothing- you deserve it. AND OMG LOLA I JUST CAN'T GET OVER HER. I want to eat her. And I don't care if you think that is weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tell Lola I want to eat her too...lol. I hope I get to see Kristina! Meg I think you'd be a great up beat positive pacer!

      Delete
  4. Yessssssss! I'm so glad you guys are doing Chicago!!! I totally want to plan a lunch or dinner get together with everyone from our little run blogger community! We can all carbo load together :)

    That's so awesome that you are going to be a pace bunny! I hope someday I am a good enough runner to be a pacer. I really appreciate everything the pacers do. During my last half marathon I hung with a pacer for a mile during a low patch and after chatting for a few minutes I was re-energized and ready to go! You guys are life savers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to meet up with you at Chicago!!!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've got so many cool things on the horizon! I'd be terrified to be a pacer -- probably because I'm not great at pacing myself, let alone other people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slightly nervous as well...lol. I am going to practice maintaining that 8:24 pace ;)

      Delete
  6. YESSS!!! See you in Chicago baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cool things coming up for you, congrats! Also, I haven't gotten to say CONGRATs on Boston, so happy for you :) Geez, I'm barely recovering from my half...let alone a crazy fast full! We just gotta say NO until our body feels better, be smarter, that's all! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm still smiling about Boston. :D

      Delete
  8. How cool that you are going to be a pacer! I don't always run with a pace group, but I really enjoy it when I do. I find it so inspiring that people are willing to put in so much work just to help others reach their goal time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really looking forward to it!

      Delete
  9. You totally deserve all this rest!

    I love that you'll be a pacer for a race! I'm not consistent enough to do that; I think it would be so rewarding to put others' goals ahead of my own and lead them to the finish. You're going to be AMAZING and so positive and motivating for your group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to pace the 1/2! I'm going to practice consistency in my pacing for sure up until then.

      Delete
  10. Watching a million episodes of Friends sounds exactly right for recovery! That picture of Lola is way too cute. I think it may break the internet! How exciting that you are pacing. They are starting a new marathon/half marathon here in August and have been looking for pacers. I was asked. I laughed and said that I would probably be the worst pacer on the planet. You want major negative splits? Come to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I watch 'The List' show, I think of you, lol. "A Rachem, what's a Rachem?! Is that some palentology word I wouldn't know because I'm JUST a waitress?!" LOL

      Delete
  11. That is really neat that you will be a pacer! I have only run races in Alaska and I dont think were big enough to have pacers :)

    I'm training for a half marathon on June 20 which is the day before I turn 30 and an Olympic triathlon a mere 5 days before that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your training!!! I would love to run a race in Alaska! How cool would that be?!

      Delete
  12. I'm running Chicago too!!!!! It would be great to have a meet up with all the bloggers that follow each other! Rest as much as you need to so that you'll be ready to start training again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so exciting!!!!!!! I hope to meet you and Kristina!

      Delete