Thursday, 23 April 2015

Race Photos Are Here!!!

I can't believe I only had to check my email 87 kazillion times today to see that my Marathon Photos arrived, lol. ;)

You'll be happy to know I feel MUCH better today! I am almost walking normally, but not quite down the stairs yet...lol. A few coworkers still find it quite entertaining. ;) Now, back to the photos!

Okay, first thing I did was read this detailed course description of the Boston Marathon to see exactly which mile I was at once I downloaded my images. Reading this seriously made me get goosebumps!

First off: Athlete's Village shot :) Thanks Sam for the hoodie!

Not too sure where this is but it reminds me of Natick. I'm pretty sure  I was trying to get around the girl in the white. Or at least that's why I'm explaining why I'm leaning, lol.



This is either at 15 or 30km but I can't be certain. Smile indicating 15 possibly, lol?


I actually have no idea where this is, but I can be sure it's late in the game from the look on my face. Either that or it's immediately after one of the two times I threw yellow Gatorade in my eyes, lol!

Oh yeah, it's hurtin' now.


The struggle is real here folks:

"I call this the Meat Grinder Mile, because it’s an apt description of its effect on spent quads. The road starts flat, then bottoms out for more than a half-mile, steep first, then more gradually. Somewhere in there, you may reach an epiphany about downhill running not being all it’s cracked up to be. The pounding is just punishing, and a lot of quads lock up here. Moving forward just seems harder than it was a mile ago." From this article

All I could think about was how painful it was to use my quads here. Every landing felt like they were just going to burst apart like elastic. :S



Coolidge Corner: I remember hearing about this part in the Course Preview I watched on Youtube. I had serious hope here that I was going to qualify and I can see it in my face.


As I took the left onto Boylston I saw the guy on the ground with the camera. I gave him a quick glance and then turned my attention to the glorious blue arches ahead. You can tell the finish is near by the smiles. :D

"There it is!!!"

Excited, delighted, and exhausted! About to do the arm raise, but the photographers were too fast for me, lol.



Fun fact: the lady in the red singlet and the braids behind me took a photo for me with my phone after I finished. :) This photo is from Marathon Foto and not my phone btw, lol.

Lastly, you have to look at the other cute card from the little kids at school! The first one was from the upper elementary kids. <3 

So cute!

I hope you enjoyed my recap and photos...you probably won't look at them as many times as I did, lol!

Thanks for stopping by the GGR blog tonight!

Happy Running!
Heather :)


21 comments:

  1. Your photos look a lot better than mine. I always look like I am dying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I feel like I look as though I'm dying here lol.

      Delete
  2. You look so strong, Heather! I am so proud of you!!!! Boston <3 Boston STRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! This was definitely my strongest marathon performance and feeling wise. I loved every minute :)

      Delete
  3. You look great Heather! I enjoyed following your journey. What is the difference between the Blue bibs and the white bibs runners are wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The blue means wave 3 and white is wave 1 :)

      Delete
  4. Did you see the boston compression socks many times on others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no I only saw one other person wearing them :D

      Delete
  5. How awesome! You look so strong in your photos, way to own the race!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're in pain but you look sooo happy and at ease in your photos. You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS! The race photos look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look awesome in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your marathon pictures are awesome! They capture your race story and your determination so perfectly! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! these are my favourite marathon photos ever!

      Delete
  10. You always look so great in your race photos! I love this post! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever wanted to get free Instagram Followers and Likes?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete