Thursday, 16 April 2015

Boston Bound! The 2015 Version

Good grief! I feel like this week has been a whirlwind of such. I haven't even made one post this entire week...oops. :S I've been trying so hard to prep (work and trip), taper, rest, recover, maintain, nourish, clean and PACK! Which btw I am still doing. 

The first thing I packed were these:

Shorts and socks are decided but the tank will have to wait. I usually buy a new one at the expo, which I realize is such bad race juju, but let's face it, I'm a daredevil like that. #dontforgettopackglide LOL

I also got some short taper runs in and wore capris!! (The whole crowd cheers for signs of spring!). Oh and another sign of Spring: Muddy sidewalks.
Yes I ripped the back of my Boston Capris and no I am not happy about it. :(
Since my brain feels like it's in a tizzy, this post will be totally random...just so you know. ;)

Sam took me to Mezza and I fell immediately in love.
I am already asking when we are going again. 

I spent a few afternoons visiting Brian to resolve this situation I'm having with my cranky glute, (sigh). I've been so tense and nervous about the marathon even my butt can't relax! ;) No Physio pics since I didn't think anyone wanted to see that! During yesterday's visit I was sure to tell Brian that this was his "last shot to fix my Butt!" The patients behind the curtains next to me had a giggle, lol. I'm really praying it will cooperate for the marathon. I've never had a glute issue but I'm sure my coworkers won't miss seeing me bend over to point out the EXACT location of irritation...LOL.

Lola is so good at motivational pep talks for my marathon. "Yes Mommy, I know you can take Shalane, Desi and the whole load of Kenyans. Just keep scratching right there." She may just be using manipulation as a source of some puppy rubbing??? ;)

Aaaand, it wouldn't be Boston week if I wasn't fighting something! Just check back to my post a year ago and the year before that. Uh huh. It's my race week cold and people at work even gave me Halls to help remedy it. :) Updated to add that I feel much better!

Instead of carbing up, I souped up, lol sort of. Soup just made my throat feel a zillion times better.



As I rested, I also rubbed this chick...

There was also lots of heating and rolling going on.
Both gadgets packed and packed ;)
 Meet Ty! He will be Lola's little buddy for the next 5 days. <3 PS I am going to miss Lola so much I'll probably cry when we drop her off. :(

OH! I hope by now you've downloaded the Boston Marathon app which is FREE! And I also hope you've added me as a participant to track ;) (bib #17529) 
 Check me out! 

Obviously I was one of the stalkers. Obviously. 
More weather stalking....
As of this morning

Hmmm, hello! There is life under the snowbanks!!! I discovered this on Monday afternoon after a seriously mild weekend which totally devoured a huge chunk out of our snow coverage. (virtual fist pump)

Okay, I'm off to try and catch some zzz's and to go over my "Things to Pack" list a thousand more times in my head.

WISH ME LUCK AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE RUNNERS!!! (And obviously thanks for stopping by) :D

What are you looking forward to most about Marathon Monday????
Will you be in Boston??? 
I absolutely can't wait to go to Dunkin' Donuts!!!! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)
P.S. One of my first grade students told me in an ever so sincere whispering voice today "I hope you win Ms. Callaghan." My Response: Me too!!!! 

11 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you friend! I'm loving those marathon socks! Also, that looks like a great roller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M&L! And that roller is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Downloading the app now!
    Have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I had tears in my eyes reading what your first grade student said! Aren't they the BEST???? :) You are gonna have an awesome time in Boston, Heather. ENJOY!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got this girl....have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I hope you win!! SO sweet!
    I am glad the cold is under control. I hope you have a fabulous trip and no testy glute issues!
    Wishing you an abundance of health and SPEEED Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck!!! I love watching the marathon from my computer on race day, Ill be sure to track you and see your awesome race.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO excited for you!!! You've been working so hard and deserve a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD LUCK!!!! x a million!!!! I hope you have an AMAZING race! Have fun! I can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for letting us know about the app! I have so many people I want to stalk and I didn't realize this existed! I am having fun following your journey on Instagram and I cannot wait to stalk you on race day! I hope your glute doesn't get too upset! I am sending positive racing vibes your way! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete