Sunday, 1 February 2015

Hello February! How Did You Sneak Up On Us So Quickly???

Hey there Runner Peeps!

You may have wondered where I've been...key word here is may, lol. I'm going to refer to my blogging absence as "The Great Plague of 2015." Beware of The Great Plague since it will leave you tremendously fatigued, with no appetite, a super sore throat and majorly drippy in the nasal passages. :S Warning, do not attempt to sweep or vacuum during the drippy phase. It's basically just creating more work for yourself...lol. TMI? ;)

I will not even try to recap each and every single day of the past two weeks or so. But I will do a sentence-per-picture post. :)

I drank waaaaay more hot lemon and honey water than I can even comprehend.

Roasted veggies to puree into soup. :)

The end result. :)

Newer sneakers on the right. :0 Look what salt does to my running shoes!

Ate my weight in these.

More hot comfort food...lol.

Played dressup with my scarf on Lola...lol.

Lola thoroughly enjoyed our sleep in time on my sick days. :)


 Missed the first two runs on this plan, but all is good now. :)


When you're sick you have ample time to do mindless Disney Princess Surveys. LOL

You also have time to update your playlist ....

I did not start feeling better until I drank this stuff....
I should have started drinking it sooner. I had it since last year and it was still good, not expired. :)
 My RW cookbook also arrived and I can't wait to get started!


AND I started running again, YAY!!!!

I hope you've had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. :)

What do you use for a cold remedy??????

Happy Running,
Heather :)

25 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you got sick. Yuck. Glad you're starting to feel better.

    That roasted veggie soup looks really good! I usually go for grapefruit juice and sleep, lots and lots of sleep. My mother has always sworn by whiskey as a cold cure. I'm skeptical, but it soothes a sore throat and can make the sleeping a little easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is always good! I love Grapefruit :D Whiskey might be worth a shot...lol. ;)

      Delete
  2. So sorry you've been under the weather. When I feel like that I use a cold medicine called "Buckleys". It taste awful ( like you are drinking Vick's Vapor rub), but it does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I am sorry you were so sick but seeing that you're drinking wine and running again, I assume you feel a lot better. :) Everyone around here is sick too. Somehow, I have not gotten it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I want that soup recipe!! It looks amazing!

    I'm glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roast all those veggies in EVOO in the oven covered in tinfoil and then puree. After that add the mixture to a pot on the stove top with 2 cans of chicken broth. :D

      Delete
  5. There's nasty gunk everywhere -- everybody here has been sick, too. I'm glad you're feeling better and back on the road to Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better! If I feel myself coming down with something then I take Airborne as much as possible, oil pull, and drink a green juice, then I'm normally better within a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey a friend of mine was telling me about Airborne the other day and how they no longer sell it in Canada so she picks it up in the states when she goes there!

      Delete
  7. I'm a big fan of garlic - raw garlic if you can! I've been sick a lot this month and am almost at the end of my second head cold. I blame it on day care ;) Glad you are starting to feel better and are out running again!
    PS - That soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating a ton of garlic so I'm sure my breath is lovely! lol.

      Delete
  8. Your roasted veg is pure art! Pretty! Glad you are back at it. Being sick ... sucks! It took two weeks of my January so I know how you feel. I've heard a lot about oregano oil. How did it work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I didn't start to feel better until I drank oregano oil in water. I drank four water bottles of it a day. :S

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear you were sick! I'm glad you are up and running (literally) again! Everyone around here has either been getting the stomach flu or the nasty head cold that takes them out for several days. I don't know how I've skated by without coming down with anything, but I'm not going to complain! That soup looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY glad you are feeling better! I can tell that Lola was a super good nurse!

    Have you seen the Long Run Bread with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting yet? It's towards the back of the RW cookbook. It's on my agenda to make this week and has me super excited for my long run this weekend! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I was crazy, I was wondering where you wondered off too. Since I've seen you on IG, I knew you were alive ;) Sorry to hear about your plague, it's the worst! I was glad to see you were well enough for a lovely glass of wine towards the end! Now I want to know what Disney princess I'd get?!? Haha! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Try that quiz ....lol. I was hoping for Ariel but Pochahontas will do...lol.

      Delete
  12. Glad you're feeling better!!!!!! I normally mix lime and honey for my cold remedy. I hate taking liquid medicine so if they haven't made it into a pill form then I probably won't take it. The ONLY exception is my lime and honey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never tried honey and lime!!!

      Delete
  13. Glad you are feeling better! Looks like Lola was sympathy napping with you :)
    I usually take zinc when I feel something coming on, but my favorite thing is to bundle and sleep. I can't wait until I can run again.

    ReplyDelete