Friday, 16 January 2015

5 Things Friday

TGIF!!!!!!!!  I am completely anticipating doing a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Yep, that's right. ;) It's so lovely to not have to run around Christmas shopping, decorating, racing or any of that jazz. Just some good old fashioned R & R (Running and Relaxing). And starting the weekend off with a scheduled rest day was just what I needed.


 Here are my 5 things:
1. Running Reflectivity
Call me Tron, Robotic, or just plain crazy, but I sure am glowing on the run. ;)
I completed all runs according to Hal's plan this week and boy were conditions tricky! Running on the snow covered roads very much resembles running on beach sand, but waaaay colder...lol.



 2. Lola Ludy
Not  a whole lot has changed in Lola's world. She's still loving sleeping with my The Walking Dead blanket...lol. This is how I found her after I got home from Wednesday evening's 7 miler. Silly girl.

3. THE Boston Jacket!
Adidas has revealed the 2015 line of Boston Marathon swag and I AM a fan. As I've said many times before, I'd wear the jacket with pride no matter the colour. True words. I totally see that there will be opinions no matter the colour, but if Boston did stick with the traditional Blue/Yellow colour scheme year after year, then every year the jacket would be pretty much the same. So I enjoy the variety and Matt and I even make predictions on the colours for the year. I was waaaaay off this  year! (My prediction was black and yellow).

4. Movie Night!
I fiiiiiiinnnaally got to see Mockingjay Part 1! :D I was super psyched to hit up the theatre and check out Katniss Everdeen kicking more butt. I even wore my Stella & Dot 'On your mark arrow' in support. ;)



 "Hey, it's called The Hunger Games, isn't it?" LOL. Just kidding, this was actually food for Sam and I......it just so happens that it's hard to transport movie munchies when you have a broken foot. :(
 5. This Song!
It's "Purple, yellow, red and blue," by Portugal and it's awesome! It has such a great beat for running! Seriously check it out. :)




Thanks again for stopping by on this fabulous Friday evening. Have a stellar weekend! Lola says 'hi.'

What are your thoughts on the Boston Marathon colours for this year???? 
Hunger Games, are you a fan?!?! The ending just left me going crazy for more, as usual. 
What are some of your night-time running must haves??? 
Happy Running,
Heather :)

19 comments:

  1. I think you will look beautiful in the Boston jacket! I only have two- traditional blue and yellow and our orange ones from last year... gotta say from a fashion standpoint, I love the orange the most!!

    Lola sure does have the life. :)

    Wish we lived closer, Heather. I know we'd be great running buds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I totally agree...we'd be great running buds. :D Plus you could help me with your training expertise!

      Delete
  2. Head lamp! How'd you like the movie? I saw it a couple weeks ago. I totally forgot what happened in the previous movie. I probably should have watched it before! I love night running when the temperatures are right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVED the movie!!! I can't stop singing 'The Hanging Tree' :D

      Delete
  3. Love the Boston jacket...not sure how guys will feel about the color...but you will rock it!!! Soooo.....I need a movie review....how was the movie???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Boston Jackets this year! But I also like purple. There are many people who don't like the colours. I think I would want the Blue/Yellow jacket at least once and then the other colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky to get the blue/yellow combo my first year running it. I do love the purple jacket too though.

      Delete
  5. I hate wearing reflective vests to run in but I really should. I can tell you're way easier to see at night than I am!

    I love the Boston jacket color this year! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate wearing it too to be honest...lol. But I know people can see me when I have it on.

      Delete
  6. The Boston jacket for this year is so pretty! Almost as pretty as the pillows on your couch, i love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristina! I actually got the pillows at the grocery store.

      Delete
  7. I'm a fan of anything purple! I would try to run Boston just for the jacket alone (well, and the medal..lets face it "I run for bling" defines my personality). But since the likelihood of ever qualifying for Boston is slim to none I will just be happy that they chose purple this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....LOVE purple! Never say never for a BQ :D

      Delete
  8. I love the Boston jacket too! Since I only ran Boston one time, I am glad I got the traditional Blue and yellow one.

    I have to ask, is that a real picture of a dog ( the first one). That is too darn cute! That is all! -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Lacey, the traditional blue/yellow is surely the most identifying Boston colour scheme. I'm very happy to have one of those. :D

      That Picture is actually one I got from the internet...lol. I just typed the text on it.

      Delete
  9. I love the purple! You are right you can only mix blue and yellow so many ways, a change in color will be nice to make the year unique :)
    I am a total Hunger Games fan!
    You have a great vest, I wear Knox gear that lights up. If I ran more at night I think I would get knuckle lights, but I never run too late in the evening.
    Lola always makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boston jacket would be great on you really!!! you must try to visit this also warwick associates scam

    ReplyDelete