Sunday, 14 December 2014

Sunday RUNday, a Glorious Day!

I ran long today!!!!!!! And what felt even better was the fact that I knew my <3 was good to go. ;)

Isn't the trail gorgeous?! The construction has finally finished so I was able to run on a section that I hadn't in a super looooooong time. I headed out from home and ran into the city of Halifax via the trail. I couldn't even keep track of the number of runners I saw---everyone was out! It was such a great day for running. :)

About half way in I noticed three trees decorated along the path with Christmas ornaments! How festive is that?! I tried to take this super corny looking runfie, when a lovely lady asked "Would you like me to take your photo?" "Why YES! That'd be great!" I replied way too excitedly, LOL.


People can be so nice. :)

Oh yeah, my new favourite flavour....for sho. ;) (I am quoting the 40 Year Old Virgin here in case you are wondering about my blatant spelling error, lol).


16 sweet miles. :)


Post run I ventured to Costco. I now feel that I can conquer the world after hitting up a rock star parking spot and leaving without getting my heels rammed with a cart. It was a good day. ;) On the way there I was super psyched to discover the Holiday station on Sirius XM!!!

Hallelujah! Purple potatoes are back in season! :D

My little chickie poo had her holiday haircut this weekend. Obviously I had to take a before pic...

 and after........ <3

My Saturday run:
After Lola's haircut I headed out for a ten miler. What a great running weather weekend!

 How I'm spending my Sunday evening: fighting with Lola over the gift wrap, (raised eyebrow).

And eating my Chicken Pot Pie from Costco, mmm.

Have a wonderful evening and thanks for stopping by!
Have you wrapped your gifts yet? I have to mail mine to Newfoundland so I need them done asap!
What's one of the coolest/strangest things you've seen on your run?

Happy Running,
Heather :)

23 comments:

  1. Purple potatoes!? I never had them! You got some awesome running in this weekend. I'm glad the weather was nice to you. :) Lola looks beautiful in the before AND the after. :o) I am wrapping my presents in waves because I love it so much. Also, some friends are dropping off their gifts for me to wrap them because they don't have time and I LOVE wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to live closer together so that I can also drop off my gifts for you to wrap ;) Try purple potatoes! I chop shallots to throw in with lemon juice and parsley...mmm.

      Delete
  2. I see Lola helps with gift wrapping in the exact same way Cecil does :D

    That's so cool that someone took the time to decorate trees outside! I love that!

    Sooooooo so so happy for you that your heart is good to go! Really glad to hear that your dad's condition is treatable too! Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola is super helpful! NOT! lol

      I love those trees! Last year I saw one on a different section of the trail.

      thanks Kristina!

      Delete
  3. I love purple potatoes! What's next on your race calendar? Anything special, or were you just enjoying that you COULD run 16 miles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next Marathon is Boston. Before that I may run the hypothermic half marathon here in Halifax and possibly the moose run 25k. :) I ran 16 miles simply because I could, lol.

      Delete
  4. I love Costco's pot pie!
    It was a great wknd for running- I saw you on Saturday running! So glad you have the green light to keep running :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! :) Those pies are so addictive!!

      Delete
  5. I LOOOOVE lola! haha. Romeo is so embarrassed over his new do he sulks/hides after every haircut! She looks very lovely! That bow is just perfect :) and the decorated trees are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lola has a crush on Romeo. ;) lol.

      Delete
  6. Purple potatoes are a new one for me lol Great job on the runs, the path looks awesome. I wish we one here like it! I am running on roads through neighborhoods...boo :( Lola looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the purple potatoes!

      Our path IS awesome! Come visit and I'll take you for a run! :)

      Delete
  7. Lots of great running these last few days! I can't believe the good running weather we are having! I managed to get out yesterday and it was cool but perfect at the same time! I hit up Costco in Dart. Friday evening and it was actually pretty pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trail looks awesome. Very nice of a fellow runner to stop and help with your pic, I would run by saying "sorry can't mess up my pace" lol.

    We are way behind in shopping and wrapping, thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree Richard: runners are super nice aren't they? ;) I would never expect you to stop btw...lol. Runners get it (the pace thing).

      I'm behind in my shopping as well!

      Delete
  9. Ooh, that carmel macchiato GU sounds really good! Your dog is too cute :) The coolest thing I've seen on a run is a fox in my neighborhood, which is really rare for my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super good! Try it out :D I only ever saw a fox on my run once and it was super tiny...a baby I'm assuming.

      Delete
  10. Woohooooo long run!!!! I'm so happy for yoooou!!!!

    What do purple potatoes taste like?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ali! :) I was so motivated by your marathon recap and video btw. I was in tears watching you running and wishing I could marathon again. I'm so happy that I in fact CAN!!!!!!!!! Purple potatoes taste quite a lot like a regular white potato. I add shallots (choped), lemon juice, salt and pepper as well as parsley.

      Delete
  11. I haven't even BOUGHT my gifts yet! I am sooooo behind with Christmas shopping this year :(
    purple is my favorite color so I can only imagine that purple potatoes are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing--try them out!

      I'm behind on my local gifts this year, but I have my gifts done for my Newfoundland family....so dont' be fooled: I'm not that prepared, lol.

      Delete
  12. I just have to say ... I can't believe there's no snow on the ground! lol

    ReplyDelete