Sunday, 21 December 2014

Runner Secret Santa Party & Randomness

I-am-on-va-ca-tion! :D Hallelujah!

Last night was our Runner Get Together-Secret Santa Party at Sam's place. We had SO MUCH FUN!

You know how you talk to your non-runner friends sometimes with such passion about your sport and they give you the glazed eye look or tell you you're crazy? Well that did not happen at all...lol. We ate, we drank wine, we laughed, we exchanged Secret Santa gifts (which actually ended up being not much of a secret...lol) AND we run chatted for hours! Super duper good times. :D We already started planning for next year. ;)

Some of our goodies:
There are no words.........

 Jackson was lovin' all the lady love. ;)

"Did someone say cheese?"
Courteney, I, Melissa and Marg 

Heidi was first to check out her gift! :D

Sam got a Lush Santa!

We had a great time. Thanks Sam for hosting! 

Now onto the Christmassy Randomness: 

You may have seen on facebook that I recently got a new camera?! :D (everyone cheers since they won't have to suffer through my crappy phone pics...lol, for the most part anyway). Well, my test subject, a.k.a. Lola, has mastered the art of sitting pretty anytime she hears the series of beeps which indicate that the camera is in fact 'on,' even when I am not snapping her shot...lol. She'll drop whatever she's doing for an opportunity to earn a treat...even eating snow. ;)

"Did I hear the camera???"

 Well at least she's up for testing out the self-timer...lol.

Post-run, still haven't mastered the timed shots since I totally only got Lola from the eyebrows up...lol.

Do not buy these M&Ms! I think they put crack in them, or I have no self-discipline. You pick. ;)

My Sunday RUNday was short and sweet sluggish. I was super tired from our get together, but managed a relaxed 7.5 miles on the trail. 

I have to tell you that the photo on the left does not have a filter. :0 That's the glow from my Boston jacket! lol.

But it's okay, I logged 10 miles yesterday just in case. ;) 

And finally, for your running pleasure: 

Have an awesome evening and thanks for stopping by the GGR blog. :)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

16 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you have such a big group of running friends! I wonder what color this year's Boston jacket will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie I was wondering the same thing recently. I have made a prediction that they will be Black/Yellow....we'll see!

      Delete
  2. They definitely put crack in the M&Ms, I can never put them down either haha. Lola is too cute! It took me a minute to get the step 1 and step 2, whoever made that's clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing bloggers in their "normal" clothes! :)

    Yay you are on break! I go to work today and tomorrow... I'm gonna die....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, you can do it! You may need to text Santa a few extra times though...LOL.

      I agree! I love seeing runners/bloggers in normal clothes.....I have no idea why.

      Delete
  4. LOLA!!! She's such a cutie! Cecil is the same way. Every time he sees the camera he does something cute and holds the pose and then runs full speed to the treat drawer! :)

    That's so cool that you have a BIG group of running friends! Since I don't have a big group I have been thinking I should start a FB group and add all of you guys to it so I can talk to you nonstop about running! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, you SHOULD start a facebook group! That's how I met most of these gals. :)

      I think it's funny how our pets 'train us,' in a way. ;)

      Delete
  5. Such a strong group of women runners - what a great community! Looks like you girls had a lot of fun :) Merry Christmas and hope you have a lovely break....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That runner party sounds fun! I need to get more involved in my running group. Maybe that will be a 2015 goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holiday color M&Ms really ARE yummier than normal M&Ms. It's a FACT.

    I am SO JEALOUS that you're near all those other runner-bloggers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY Vacation!!!!

    I am trying to use my fancy camera more than my iPhone - the iPhone is just so handy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics! Looks like everybody had a great time at the get-together :) I have a few friends that I can talk to about running non-stop...the rest can't wait for me to run my first full marathon because they think my obsession with running will be over then (silly people....that's when it starts!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lola pictures ;-) Sounds like a very fun get together! Great job on the runs. I love your phone pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new camera! Remember people are vertical so shoot them vertical :) There's my tip of the day :) lol

    ReplyDelete