Sunday, 28 December 2014

Christmas Vacation Thus Far....(Sentence Per Picture)

Thankfully I was able to finally lay down the Holiday chocolates, cheese, ice cream and wine...or in other words all foods that hate my complexion, (womp womp). Boston Marathon Training has officially begun and I'm happy to report that I've kept up with my workouts, but my eating habits sure could use some adjusting...lol.

I think this post needs a sentence per picture, so let's go. :)

I've completely lost count, (as she does the walk of shame).


Can you really get enough of homemade cranberry sauce?!

Red capris for my Christmas Day Tempo Run in the pouring rain. :) (4 miles 7:40 pace/mile).

Family Photo op. :)

Christmas Day Dinner...mmm.

I think this might be my favourite gift? ;)

Gee, guess who else likes Daryl Dixon's Wings???? LOL

Super cute shih tzu ornament my father sent to Lola for Christmas! So sweet. :)


 Don't interrupt Lola's puppy yoga session, lol.

Saturday's steady run felt more like a Holiday Hobble from all the eating I've been doing. :S

Sunday's Long Run Fuel :D

It rained cats and dogs sideways for the entire 13 miles ....geesh. :0 #atleastitisntsnow

I can't feel my fingers, but there's always time for a Garmin shot ;)

All signs point to a dedicated insane runner...lol.

Still experimenting with the Canon Rebel. :)

Thanks for checking in on this Soggy Sunday runner peeps!
How has your Christmas been? 
What are you training for next???

Have a RUNderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

23 comments:

  1. Well done getting out in that rain! Looks like you had a great holiday! Right now I'm not training for anything but working at getting my hamstring better and then stronger....sure missing my running (and soccer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I am hoping that hamstring of yours is more cooperative in the new year. :) Speedy recovery vibes to you!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking of you today as your Boston training begins:)
    Umm, I took WAY more turkey than you did for Christmas dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, thanks Heidi. It poured from the heavens!

      Delete
  3. All awesome pictures. I laughed at Lola wrapped up in your Walking Dead blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright capris and Lola's yoga is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas has been great (a lot of hill workouts so my body hates me now but will thank me later (I hope)). Great job on keeping up with the training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't think you can ever get enough homemade cranberry sauce! Congratulations on beginning marathon training with a soggy run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. EVER time I put out the yoga mat ... Ro thinks it's for him and he hogs it. I have to kick him off. I'm also laughing at the "Walk of shame" because my walk of shame includes walking past the container AGAIN to grab more hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the black and white of Lola...super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to many black and white photos now that I know how to do it, lol

      Delete
  9. Xmas has been filed with too much eating and not enough running lol.

    The walking dead blanket is totally badass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I secretly feel bad ass when I'm covered up on the couch in it. ;) LOL

      Delete
    2. You should, after seeing that I want one bad lol.

      Great way to watch the shows starting up again.

      Delete
  10. My hats off to you for going out and running in the rain! Love the pictures:) The family Christmas tree pic is great. I am attempting to train for a marathon but the thought of running for five hours (I'm slow) is scaring me - your speed is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can so do it!!! Get those long runs in and stay committed and you'll be amazed at what you can do. :)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you're enjoying your break!! I am trying to put aside the sweets, etc...I think I've gone up a pants size in 2 weeks haha!

    ReplyDelete