Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Liebster Once Again!

Looks like the Liebster has got me again! Super thanks to Meg @ Meg Go Run for the nomination!!!

I really love reading the responses people give to these questions so that I can get to know them a bit more...you know, all stalker-ish. JK!

Here are my questions from Meg:


1. What is your current health related goal?
Currently I am working on eliminating certain foods from my diet in an attempt to improve my complexion. This is proving to be quite challenging since I'm noticing that my cravings involve the things I'm trying to eliminate. How convenient?! ;) 

2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
Definitely the fear that I am going to suddenly see a spider pop up in any room I enter or any mug I pull out of the cupboard. I always check the tub when I pull the curtain over, peer over the tops of mugs, and put my laundry from the clothes line in the dryer for a mere 5 minutes....just in case. ;) 

3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Interestingly enough I used to hate gift wrapping up until I worked at a store in the mall during University where we offered free gift wrapping. Let's just say you had to learn to be quick and neat! Now I love wrapping presents, except when Lola decides that laying on the gift wrap is a great idea, (raised eyebrow). 

4. What's your favourite cross training activity?
Without a doubt, biking. I love biking along the rails to trails on my cross training days. 

5. If I came to visit you, what would we do? 
We would definitely run or bike the rails to trails out the Bike and Bean Cafe. Then of course we'd enjoy a nice hot beverage and some tasty treats. :) 

6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Matt and I would most likely head down to Miami again since we loved it in the past. We visited there in 2010 and ran the ING Marathon (1/2 for me full for Matt) and again in 2011. 
Beautiful South Beach
 Miami 1/2 Marathon 2010....so long ago!


Our favourite spot while visiting: Ghiradelli!
 Running in crazy heat and humidity!
7.  What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Gee, that's a tough one. Which bodily fluid release shall I pick? Vomiting all over the finish at so many races I can't even count, or peeing my shorts a little during my very first 10k? So tough. LOL.

8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
This one is tough! I should also say they are in chronological order, not importance :)
1. The day Lola came into my life! 
Lola's third one on the right :)
 6 years later and she's still my BFF. <3

2. Clearly, our wedding day: 
3. My first Boston Marathon! You can read my recap here! 

9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
Easy! MacDonald's Chicken McNuggets with Sweet and Sour Sauce! :D  It's been soooooo long!

10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
At last year's Boston Marathon I met Hal Higdon and got to have dinner with him! Then at the finish line of the Boston Marathon I shook hands with Dave MacGillvrary! 
Hal Higdon and I at the 4:09:43 dinner party.

11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes!
LOL....as I browsed through my photos I realized that I have ample runfie pics, and very few in casual dress clothes.

Matt did snap this one of me on my birthday last Tuesday so this will h ave to do! ;)

So I've rambled on long enough I'm sure. Now it's my turn to nominate some fellow bloggers! This is the hard part because I read so many blogs!!! I realize that many bloggers have already been nominated so if this is a double nom for you.....ooops! But if you'd like another kick at the can, have at it! 

Here are some of the awesome blogs I'm reading and am nominating:



Here are Meg's questions...
1. What is your current health related goal?
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
4. What's your favorite cross training activity?
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do? (good one, Cassie!)
6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
7.  What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes!

Thanks again Meg for the nomination! And thanks for checking in on GGR this beautiful sunny day! 
I would love to hear your answers in the comment section!

Happy Running,
Heather :) 

12 comments:

  1. LOL...my biggest irrational fear right now? Those stupid spot light things that flash in the sky at the car dealership....I don't like them as I think it's signalling aliens to come get us. LOL Totally irrational!!!! I love that wedding photo of you guys...picture perfect!

    If I didn't hate flying, I'd take those tickets and go to Australia and visit my cousin and a friend...free room and board and so many fantastic views!

    Thanks for the nomination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, girl!
    My biggest irrational fear is seeing a rat in my house or around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG baby Lola!!!!!!!!! <3 I can't even deal with that box of puppies, they are all so cute!!

    I didn't realize you had raced the Miami Half before! I am running it in January. I've never been on the course before. Any tips???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well since it was January and it was a blizzard when we left Nova Scotia, I got quite warm during the first mile of the Miami 1/2...lol. The humidity killed me, but I remember the course being super flat and filled with spectators. The start line was like a party with a DJ and giant beach balls floating all over the place. Very cool! I'd love to go back :D

      Delete
  4. Aww, thanks for the nomination! I'll give it a go! Um, my heart melted with Lola's baby pic, so freakin' cute! I've never owned one, but one look at those little pups and I'd be buying one right then and there! Running Boston seems so awesome, although I have no aspirations to actually qualify for it...I think those that do are amazing! You go girl, can't wait for your 2015 recap! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much to say, and since I am deep into my scotch (it was a long day) I need to organize my thoughts, so I will number them to correspond with the number of the question. But first of all I have to say I LOVE THIS post and thank you for answering my questions. :)

    1. I am interesting in learning more about this. I tried proactiv, but after drying out my skin, my complexion got WORSE. So mad.
    2. I did not realize you were so afraid of spiders! I hate thousand leggers... they show up in our basement and bathroom from time to time. Christmas likes to eat them.
    3. I love wrapping presents too!!!!
    5. One of my "blogger dreams in life" is to visit you and go for a bike ride to the Bike and Bean!
    6. Do you watch Dexter? It takes place in Miami :)
    7. I want to hear more about the peeing in the shorts! Remember that happened to me during a run???
    8. FREAKING BABY LOLAAAAA!
    9. I love McDonald's nuggets!
    11. More pics like this please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second FREAKING BABY LOLAAAAA!!!

      Such a cutie!

      Delete
  6. I answered your questions on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cut out milk to attempt to fix my acne. That didn't work :( I wish I knew the secret to what foods actually can cause breakouts! Let me know if you have any luck lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've found that my skin tends to be clearer when I limit dairy and, of course, processed sugar. And Lola and her siblings as puppies... I die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha...those were some new ones I haven't seen. Thanks for sharing. Wrapping presents its kind of random and really like the most embarrassing question. We have all had our share of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The puppies!! All those cute little Lola's, she's as cute as cute gets. Your wedding picture is beautiful! I can't get over how many marathons you've completed - you are awesome :) I will post my answers next week. We are going on that rails to trail ride ;)

    ReplyDelete