Friday, 14 November 2014

Friday 5!

Goodness Gracious Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raise  your hand if you've already done the Friday Dance! :D




Now on to the Friday 5:

1. Brunch With Friends
After my 12 mile run on Sunday I headed over to a funky cafe for breakfast with some friends I used to work with. It was my first time eating at The Coastal and it is a thumbs up if I may say so! I ordered the Elvis...mmm. Then I immediately texted Heidi a photo of the menu! Can you see why??? ;)


2. Feeling Under the Weather :(
I knew something didn't feel quite right on my Sunday long run. It was a laboured effort at a pace that should have been conversational. I thought it was a little bit of burn out at first, but once the dripping and sneezing started, I realized otherwise. :S womp womp. 

I ate a lot of soup.
 

And took a lot of these!


And of course, Lola was the best nurse ever. <3
 I'm finally feeling better! {Whole Crowd Cheering}.

3. Dentist Trip
I finally got my dental work done on a (cough) cavity I had no idea I had! Apparently one shot of freezing wasn't enough so I had to have a second dose. :(  I left the dentist's office feeling a lot like this....

4. New Sneakers!
Yes they are the exact same Nimbus 16s that I had before, I know, I know. I do love the pink but unfortunately when you have {cough} wide feet, you have to get the only colour that is available in the D width. That's the dealio. ;)
 I was delighted to be feeling better AND have new kicks that I decided to head out for a run...finally!
I love running..running is my favourite! 

 5. Cold Weather Running
Those cooler temperatures are upon us once again and taking appropriate measures while hitting the roads are a must!

I've been back to using a lot of this good stuff! If you haven't tried it out yet, give it a go. :D

I'm also quite reflective since most of my runs are in the evenings now. Hey, it's a good thing it's dark out. Otherwise people might see my poor sense of fashion on the run. :0 LOL.
I'm not sure why it looks like I'm wearing oven mits...lol. They are my Running Room mitten gloves that you must get for the winter. You just simply must. 

So there you have it!

Thanks again for visiting the running ramblings of GGR. Have a fantastic weekend!
What are your Friday 5???
What is your 'can't live without' winter running necessity???

Happy Running,
Heather :)

10 comments:

  1. Those sneakers are soooo pretty! I love that you're an Asics girl, too!

    My throat feels like sandpaper today. I literally got myself out of bed today by promising myself a nap tonight but I never took one. I'm going to sleep in tomorrow instead of running long. I need the rest! I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to rest up and get those fluids and vitamins in you! :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot find gloves. I have spent so much money on them. They are either to thin and my hands freeze, or they are too warm and my hands sweat, then freeze. The best way I keep my hands warm right now is layering two pairs of dollar store thin little gloves. They actually work the best. Tell me about your oven mits. :) I want good GLOVES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meg, They are tech fabric gloves with a thin flap that you can pull over your fingers or tuck in depending on if you are warm or cold. They are good in runs for about -20 degrees Celsius or so. I've used them for three winters now and love them! They are from the Running Room Canada, but I'm sure you can get them in the states at some sort of sports store there, or you can order online :) http://ca.shop.runningroom.com/women/accessories/convertible-glove-women-s-mzw-049.html

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better!!! I need my hand warmer thingys for winter running...but I'm ignoring the cold...it just can't be here yet....just can't be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should go to the Coastal and try the Heidi ha!
    I'm glad you're so reflective at night- safety first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, so glad you're feeling better but I think you somehow sent your cold over here because I've had the sniffles since Thurs!

    I have wide feet too and am always praying the Brooks will put out Adrenalines in a pretty color. I loved the pink and white this year, but am kind of bummed about the new colors for 2015. I will need to stock up on the pink and whites when they go on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice kicks. Hope you are all healed up for more of that running that is your favourite :) I think my essential in the winter is my balaclava which saves me from the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink shoes are so pretty!! I wear cheap dollar store gloves and throw them in the wash :) I think your temps are a lot more brutal than mine during winter. I have been taking lots of Zinc that dissolves under your tongue. I can't seem to get rid of the runny nose right now. You are so speedy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teeth Night Guard is selling precise fitting and high quality customized teeth protectors.

    ReplyDelete