Saturday, 25 October 2014

BLT 5K Recap!

Huge Congrats to my friend Courteney for putting on such a stellar run this morning on the BLT Rails To Trails!!! What a great event!

I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in until 6:45 (and then hitting snooze 2x) since the race was literally starting down the street.

Pre-race foot selfie :)


I already had my kit but since Heidi and Sam were handing them out I thought I'd stop by and say "hi." :)

After chatting it up with everyone and then switching from a tank to a long sleeve in the washroom, we headed to the start.

I love this shot that I totally stole from Courteney!
I'm on the left in blue. :)
We left the parking lot of the school up a tiny incline and then downhill into the trail. Racing on the trail was super cool. I knew every nook and cranny....as I'm sure most of the other runners did as well. ;)

Everyone was so happy and even the dog walkers who looked stunned to see their usually calm and serene walking trail be overtaken by runners were cheering us on!

I listened to this song on repeat for the entire 5k! I'm obsessed.

My effort today felt hard, but I knew I wasn't in serious racing shape after my most recent marathon. I was very happy that my body felt good throughout the entire thing. Looks like I'm on the road to recovery! :D

Marg and I will do anything for a photo...even pretend we are putting a medal on someone...LOL. I promise we did actually hand out several 'real' medals. 

The coolest runner of the bunch. :)


I finally met Anna from Piper's Run! She's such a sweetie and I should apologize to her for devouring so much cake as we chatted....oops...lol.

Tom made these cool signs to mark each kilometer. This one was my favourite since I knew the hill at the end was yet to come. I'm also renaming it 'Vomit Inducing Hill.' I'm sure you can guess why...lol.

And of course I had to get a photo with the Race Directer herself!
Who is going to give me some frizz control spray for my birthday??? 

My run:
My bling:
How cool are these medals?!

Thanks Kim for the pic!

#Racedayselfie
Kim, Myself and Marg
I had so much fun at the race today! If you'd like to take part in next year's event be sure to sign up early since it sold out pretty early. :0

I'm off to Moncton now for marathon tomorrow! No I'm NOT running. :D I'll be cheering and drinkin' Starbucks. My kind of day. ;)

Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!

Did you run the BLT 5K?
Will you be at the Legs for Literacy Marathon in Moncton???

Happy Running,
Heather :)


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so much help!!! I love that you christened the course...and that it was right in everyone's backyard!! I even felt cool as I packed the truck early this morning...just down the street I went!!! Now you get to enjoy being a cheerleader!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Anna today, too! What a stellar 5k time! Court did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for such a fun race! I like those medals And those signs were pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are VERY cool medals! I'm glad the first year of the race went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love that first picture at everyone in the front looking at their watches! Ha ha And I love that song too! I know what you mean about having a song that you love at that moment. I am a big fan of "repeat."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so good in your Boston jacket :) What a great time. Hope that tightness in your foot i s feeling better post run. That looks like a really fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great race recap, as usual!! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete