Thursday, 25 September 2014

I'm In!!!!!!

So the obvious theme around this post will be my ACCEPTANCE letter I received yesterday from the BAA!!!

Yep, I'm in!


I'll be running my third Boston Marathon on April 20, 2015 (my Mom's birthday!). :D  So happy. 

Yesterday morning I woke up to Matt's note of confidence that my -2:24 would be enough. I myself was not that confident. I learned the hard way last year that qualifying doesn't necessarily gain you entry to run the marathon. I know you're probably wondering how I ended up running Boston after being rejected so you can read about that here. Congrats to all who did BQ and either were accepted or not yesterday. It's a HUGE accomplishment!!! 
He even included the famous Citgo sign you see at the 'one more mile' mark. 
 I thought I'd help the process along by using my Boston 2013 mug for good luck at breakfast. :)

I checked my email a trillion times, and even included running in my literacy lesson demo...lol.

Then at Physio, I saw this:

With big eyes, and still no email, I was almost confident it would be coming. 

Then it did!!! 

Still totally nervous to open it!
There I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All this excitement while getting needles in my calves....good times. ;)

Brian is a great PT, but he is fired as my photographer...LOL.
To celebrate, Sam delivered Blue and Yellow cupcakes!!! I'm not going to tell you how many I ate, but 3 is a lot! LOL.

So there you have it. The waiting is over! Be sure to already be annoyed by my million posts about the Boston Marathon, yet again. ;)

Happy Running,
Heather :)

17 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats. I knew you could do it. You ran in 2013 and so did my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! Congratulations! I knew it was going to happen for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! P.S. Those cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!!!!! I'm so glad you'll get to run it again. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so inspiring! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am beyond excited for you! Such big news for you! I love the cupcakes, so perfect! Can't wait to read about all your training and the actual race! You GO GIRL! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  7. See! Nothing to worry about :) didn't doubt you for a second :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations:) It is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! (I've been meaning to write congratulate you but am just now getting to it!) So exciting...maybe you'll get to hang out with Hal again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about your training and the race!!!

    ReplyDelete