Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Training Tuesday Link Up

Today I am linking up with Heidi of idlehide for Training Tuesday!

We last spoke about my training on Friday, so let's get to Saturday! 

Saturday
I decided to take a Running Rest day on Saturday since I ran on Friday with Nick, (my originally planned rest day). I made my way to the gym for an upper body/core workout. My workout involved my usual arm series with free weights along with some chest and back. During my core workout in the studio there were two other girls in there, totally hogging the space and they made a huge mess! Not to mention that they turned the stereo up so loud I couldn't hear the music coming from my earbuds. So annoying. I gave them numerous eye rolls. Don't worry, they didn't see me, lol. 
Messy hair, don't care. Or do I? lol.
I was starving when I left the gym and I had a few things to do. Carrying protein bars in my purse is the best idea I've had in a long time. :)

I know, I know....I was supposed to rest lower body today, but I wanted to go for a short bike ride. It was just so nice out.

I biked 11 easy miles and then came home to nap with Lola. :)
Try super hard not to be jealous of how sexy I look in my helmet, LOL!!!
Sunday RUNday
I was originally supposed to 'race' a half marathon today. Since I have done two races in the past two weekends I opted out of that run on the training plan. I thought a regular long run would do just fine. :) And it did. 
Matt and I should definitely look into a drawing class for adults, lol.
Once again, I drank an entire 2L of water on the run. :0 

16.3 miles on the street and trail. The temperature was ideal for a summer long run! I don't know where the humidity went, but you won't find me posting 'Missing' notices on street poles for it. ;)

After a shower that continued to surprise me with chafe marks I knew nothing about, I headed out for a few errands, (in other words, Target & Starbucks). I found an old 2005 CD in my car so I popped it in. I found lots of little gem songs I totally forgot about! Like this one, which I had to Shazam to figure out what it was called...lol.
Oh, and I got a mad carb craving when the lady at the farmer's market let me sample her freshly baked-just out of the oven cheese bread! Sadly, I ate this entire thing by myself. And it was so worth it. :)

Monday
Sam and I planned a bike ride out to the Bike and Bean for today. I enjoy biking much more after a long run than in the days leading up to one. It's good to get the legs moving at a nice easy pace to help with the DOMS. 

My training plan had an easy 3 miler on the schedule for the day so I did that first. Easy. Flat. Trail. :D

Our Ride:

What an awesome day for a bike ride! Not too scorching hot at all. I even packed a long sleeve just in case I needed it.

I hope you've tried their scones by now! I've suggested them to you at least 3 times ....lol.
You might also like the Chipolte Turkey wrap too. Hey Look, the horses are here again!
We biked a total of 24.4 miles! What amazed me was that it wasn't even the marathon distance and some people could run a marathon faster than we biked not even the distance! :0

Tuesday
My mid-distance run was on plan for today. For some weird reason I get a little nervous for these runs....don't ask why, because I don't have the answer, lol. Maybe because it's shorter than a long run, so I feel that I need to run them faster, who knows?

The first 2.5 miles were at a relatively easy pace with the following 6 miles at half marathon pace. Then I eased back for the final few. Once again, I mixed trail and road running today.

So there's my training update!
How's your training going? 

Don't forget to enter the Runalicious Caption Contest Giveaway here!

Thanks for stopping by GGR and have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

20 comments:

  1. I think your white board drawings are really good! You should look into GIVING lessons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! You are inspiring me to start really running again. I've been slacking for months, but I think I'm ready to really lace 'em up and get out there and pave (lightly) the pavement! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were flying when you passed us...we were betting on how are you had already run! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw you I had done 5 miles, with 5 left to go. :)

      Delete
  4. NICE pace for your 10 miler! I hate annoying people at the gym. I feel a rant post coming about that soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! My 10 milers are usually hit or miss with pacing.

      Delete
  5. Great job Heather!
    I need to come up with a "caption" for the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I hope you get a good one ;)

      Delete
  6. Great job on the 16 miler and 10 miler almost back to back :) Love Vega recovery protein drink mix and the sport bars some of the very best I have tried :) I am having bicep envy looking at your pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aren't they awesome, the bars, not my biceps!!! LOL

      Delete
  7. I think I need info on your arm workout...dang, those guns, girl! lol That stinks that there were annoying girls cramping your music though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! I do a lot of shoulders and bicep work. I really like tricep dips as well. :D

      Delete
  8. Your arms seriously are amazing! Your training surely puts mine to shame. You're a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks Rachel! I bet if we met in person, your arms would make mine look puny!

      Delete
  9. You had a busy week! I love those vega bars. They are perfect to put in the diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those vega bars are one of the best inventions yet I'm convinced!

      Delete
  10. Oh, man, I am cracking up at this Men in Black album. Some seriously great jams. Whatever happened to Will Smith's rapping career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great album! I was also a big fan of Will Smith's 'Miami' as well. :D

      Delete