Thursday, 7 August 2014

Training Thursday

After a hard race, or series of races, I tend to feel burnt out. I'm more tired than usual and salt becomes my best friend. One thing I've learned in my five years of running is that when your body is tired, you need to give it rest. Luckily for me I am still on summer vacation so there is no need for alarms right now. ;) No complaints here!

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I haven't posted because I've been exhausted from training and also because I've been preoccupied with my addiction:
and I'm addicted to Pretty Little Liars. :S 

Here's what else I've been up to!

Sunday
My legs were more willing to do a long run on Sunday morning than I was anticipating! :D That's always good news. My training plan had a whopping 17 miles on the agenda. Gulp. Clearly I decided to run slow and easy since I raced the 5 miler on Saturday.

I didn't run on the trail until the very last mile home. My route included many rolling hills and the weather was awesome for long running. :) That's a thing right? By the time I made it back to my house I clocked 17.5 miles (28km) exactly.


Matt and I had a lunch date to replenish my glycogen/sodium stores....or something like that. ;)
 I'm lovin' my Oiselle Twenty Six Point Two tee by the way. I think I've worn it every day!

Monday
So, hmmmm. On Monday I woke up I headed out for an easy 3 mile run. When I got home, I rolled out my calf muscles and my Achilles was 'A-killin' me! ;) So to speak. It was tight and previous experience has taught me that you do not mess around with a tight Achilles. Never. After much icing/heating I decided to head to my Physiotherapist. They saw me bright and early on Tuesday. :D


Since I was worried I was going to be on the, dare I say it 'Injured list,' I hit up the gym for a super crazy upper body/core workout. I had to get my endorphin rush somewhere! LOL.

Tuesday
At Physio, my PT and his sidekick determined that my calf muscles are uber tight! I already knew that....but when someone else tells you, it's like, 'whoa.' After some strategic taping and assurance that it wasn't the Bursa, I was good to go for a test run.

I told B that I looked like I was wearing a cast so he insisted on signing it...lol. I looked so cool going into the grocery store I'm sure. Even though by the time I ran it was HOT O'clock, I had to wear my compression sleeves to cover this! LOL.

My route was a super flat long run pace for 9 miles. I was amazed after treatment how good it felt! I spent basically the entire afternoon with ice/heat....just in case. ;)

Wednesday
After Physio this morning I hit up a running trail that I haven't run on in 4 years! It's just outside my PT's office and it was so nice/weird to be running there again. It's crazy beautiful so I'm disappointed in myself that I don't run on it more often. Matt does this route quite frequently since his office isn't too far from it. 4 miles at marathon pace done! And pain free. :D

I forgot how beautiful this trail was!

See....

Wednesday was finally sunny so I decided to take the old wheels for a spin on the trail.
I almost made it to the bike and bean but I wasn't carrying cash so I wouldn't go near because I KNEW I'd want a raspberry white chocolate scone!

Thursday
Some people, I mean Puppies, were very lazy today and missed sharing my ginormous bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.


I promise there is oatmeal underneath...lol.

Today I taped my leg all by myself and headed out for my run. I wanted to do a flat trail run and not worry about pace. I took water (patting myself on the back right now) and headed out.
This is my 'empty' water bottle here...lol.
 Nine easy flat miles was a great way to get my day started.

I'm not sure why I look orange here, but I promise it's not a filter OR tan in a can!!!

Lola and I got all cleaned up for the big Anniversary dinner and Selfie of course.
Matt and I have been married for 4 years! Can you believe that?!


Thanks again for making your way over to GGR today! Have a wonderful day!

Please confess your Pretty Little Liars addiction here!
Do you ever go to 'old' running routes or stick to your routine? 
Married readers, how long have you been hitched?

Happy Running,
Heather :)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe you ran 17 miles the day after a race. No wonder your calves were wicked tight I'm glad your physio got them all worked out. Also, I'm jealous that you're still on alarm clock-less time... I officially report back tomorrow. I guess I can't complain too much, though, since I was out a month before you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding photo is beautiful and I love that Lola was part of it! Did she have a special job? I had a tight achilles once- I agree, don't mess with that! Glad it is feeling great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolas job was pretty much just to stay out of trouble LOL!

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I wish we would have had our dog before we got married so she could have been in our pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I really enjoy reading your blog, especially when you throw nuggets out like "...Achilles was 'A-killin' me"! I've never had a raspberry white chocolate scone, but that sounds absolutely delicious! Happy Anniversary and that picture on your wedding day is gorgeous! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you guys! Our 4 year wedding anniversary is on the 14th :) And I used to be obsessed with PLL but it got to be a little too much (aka fake) for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! I love your writing! Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful, I love your wedding dress :) I am glad your tightness/soreness passed quickly. Amazing job on the long runs and I LOVE your orange 26.2 shirt, looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. That sandwich. OMG. Want.
    2. Your running shorts are so colorful!
    3. Your wedding dress (and you!) are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! You had a good week! I wish I could run as often as you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still going to watch PLL! I am just really into Good Wife at this point and then HomeLand starts up in a few weeks, but I will get to it:D I am excited to watch it!
    I have a link up on my blog for training posts:) Feel free to join in on it today!
    Still gotta brainstorm for the Runalicious giveaway!

    ReplyDelete