Friday, 22 August 2014

Friday 5!

TGIF everyone!

I hope you've had a RUNtacular week of training. :D

Let's get to the Friday 5 shall we?

1. Lola and her shenanigans. For some bizarre reason Lola thinks an empty paper towel roll makes a worthwhile steal from the kitchen! What you are witnessing here folks is her mad dash to run off with it before I 'catch her.' I like to make her think it's a hot commodity and make her feel like she has something good before she realizes that chewing dried cardboard isn't that fun...hehe.

I have to give her speedy little legs credit though!
 2. Biking when I really wish I was Running. Well I ended up with an unexpected Running Rest day due to an aggravated tibialis anterior. Yeah, I know. What the heck is that? (Basically the inner part of  your shin). It was a tad sore at the start line of the Navy 10km on Sunday but nothing alarming. After Wednesday's shake out run it wasn't even noticeable. Thursday morning however, it was throbbing a bit so I opted out of the run and biked. At least it was beautiful!


I ended up at Physio but, don't worry: It isn't a fracture of any kind. I made Brian quadruple check. I thought this tuning fork test was pretty snazzy!

3. Pumpkin Cheesecake! And clearly a whole lot of it! Clearly one of Matt's awesome gym buds made this for us! I'm sure Matt and I can find something to do with it. ;) YUM!

I could barely contain my excitement for this photo! LOL
 Are you jealous yet??? ;)

At least we had something healthy for dinner before hand. ;) You are looking at my version of vegetable quinoa. Pretty delish!

4. Strength Training: I have rejeuvenated my interest in strength training this summer and I am feeling a whole lot stronger because of it. Going to the gym sometimes feels like such a process for me and I much prefer to lace up and hit the trail. This year however I made it a goal to improve my core and upper body strength to create more of a balance....you know, to even out with my thunder thighs, lol.


I have a confession: The song that really pumped me up today while I lifted was.....

And I saw this on the way out of the gym, which was pretty funny.

5. Running Gear! If you already 'liked' the Girl Goes Running Facebook page then you already know I received some running gear today! Yay!!! I was psyched to get my Pro Compression low trainers and my New Runalicious shirt! Thanks so much guys!!!!
I love it! 

That's it for this GGR! Thanks so much for reading my Friday rambles. Have a lovely day! 

What are your Friday 5?
Do you have a good quinoa recipe for me? 
When was the last time you had cheesecake?!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

20 comments:

  1. I have an amazing quinoa recipe for you...several actually! Will message you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new runnalicious tshirt and that cheesecake looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute! The cheesecake WAS amazing!

      Delete
  3. Oh Lola, what a sneak! Your quinoa looks very good! I am excited that you have been lifting and have been getting stronger. How is your pull up practice going????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pull up practice is going well...not awesome, just well. LOL. I get too intimidated to do them when others are super close to me!

      Delete
  4. pumpkin cheesecake?!?!?! why must you torture me ;-)

    We had pumpkin cheesecake at my wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! We had regular cake but cheesecake would have been a super idea!

      Delete
  5. No pumpkin! It is not fall!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I felt the same way but it was so yummy!

      Delete
  6. I'm not ready for pumpkin yet either! I like pumpkin pie, but not cheesecake. I hope you enjoyed it though! Lola is so cute! Hope your leg gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin wouldn't be my number one cheesecake choice usually but this one was right up there with the best I've had!

      Delete
  7. Your arms! I drool every time I see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, do you own a mirror? LOL. Your arms are super buff!

      Delete
  8. Pumpkin cheesecake!!! That looks so good. Now I'm craving some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you like the low compression socks? I'm interested in hearing? I wish I liked pumpkin anything...I can't do it. I've tried during the holidays the last few years and for some reason, my pallet rejects it wholeheartedly! I'm so the opposite, I love hitting the weights versus the trail, but I know a blend is the best for my body! Hope you had a great weekend!! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the low compression socks! My feet tend to blister on really long runs with other materials but Pro Compression socks never blister me.

      Delete
  10. Yes to the pumpkin cheesecake! I was curious what the PT was doing with the tuning fork against your leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently if there is the slightest fracture in the bone the tuning fork, after being 'bonked' against something hard and pressed onto the area of pain, will cause intense pain in the fracture area from the resonating vibrations.

      Delete