Friday, 8 August 2014

Friday 5 + 1! ;)

Welcome to the weekend everyone!

Hopefully everyone gets to enjoy some R & R this weekend. And by that I mean 'Running and Resting.' ;)

Here's my Friday 5 +1:

1. My Boston Certificate and Finisher's Results booklet came this week!!!

Can you find me???

2. I was feeling crafty. That and I found a pile of wine corks I'd been collecting for obviously quite some time since I only drink every blue moon! Don't worry. I totally saw this online and didn't just come up with it organically. ;)

3. Our Anniversary yesterday! I got beautiful flowers from Matt and Lola and we enjoyed a nice dinner out. :)
 Family Selfie!

4. City run with Nick! At least this time he didn't try to kill me with speed....lol. Just kidding Nick! I was smart and remembered my water. ;)  We ran around downtown including the dreaded Serpentine Hill of the park. I'm hoping with all this park practice, I'll zoom through the Blue Nose 1/2 next year. Here's to hoping! LOL.

 Our stats:
A great conversational pace that obviously revolved mostly around running. :D 

5. Things I saw on my way home today:

Geese! I was stunned and crept over near them to snap this shot.
How beautiful! 
 Then when I pulled into my driveway I saw this  on my doorstep!!!!!
Hallelujah! Thanks so much Sam!!!! 

My +1:

Cupping at massage therapy today. Gulp. Not nearly as bad as I anticipated with my tight calf muscles. I was very relieved when Yee told me they felt much better today. :D

Have an awesome weekend and thanks for stopping by GGR. Have a beautiful evening!

What are your Friday 5?????

Happy Running,
Heather :)

18 comments:

  1. Are those geese right behind the dental clinic? I always see them from my chair:)
    Happy Anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!

      Yes, those are the ones!!! You work there??? That's awesome, and oh so close!

      Delete
  2. I want to try cupping, but it scares the shit out of me too! Love Coke's marketing campaign with the names on the bottles, it's genius! Congrats on the fun mail day, what an accomplishment, I hope you are planning on hanging that or something?!? It deserves to be bragged about :) Have a great weekend! xoxo, ganeeban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it! It's not nearly as bad as you think. My secret was to not look...lol.

      Thanks Ganeeban! :D I'm definitely hanging it!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday! Your Friday 5 are pretty fabulous!!!! How awesome that the Boston Marathon sends out certificates like that! So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday Heather! Boston knows how to treat their runners for sure. ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but that little gun thing attaches to one of those clear cup things and it creates a suction vacuum. The cup has then sucked up a pretty gross amount of your skin and gets slid around you leg. Fun. It's supposed to break up scar tissue, get tissue moving and lactic acid released. And the best part is that it bruises you...lol. Do it! ;)

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary :) I love the family selfie! The personalized Coke's are so cool. I love a run buddy! Congrats on the awesome Boston Time, what a great race this year turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I am so hoping to get back there in 2015!!!

      Delete
  6. I looove cupping! I used to get acupuncture and cupping was my favorite part of treatment! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ali! I'm hoping to see some benefits from it!

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary!! Such pretty flowers!

    So cool that you saw GEESE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog.. Good Sunday morning read :) you did great at Boston, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you stop by again sometime. :)

      Delete
  9. Has your back recovered from the cupping yet?? Always get awkward looks when someone sees the marks LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!

    I found my name coke bottle this weekend!

    ReplyDelete