Sunday, 20 July 2014

Wowzers, What a Weekend! ;)

If we're being honest here, the only way I knew this was Sunday was because of my long run. That is it. I do know that in 3 days I will be in Newfoundland and I will see my family! And apparently in 6 days, 11 hours, 4 minutes and 43 seconds lol, I'll be running the Tely 10!

I feel like since I woke up early yesterday morning, I've been moving. That is no joke. My plan was to get up and get my 7 mile run in before Sam and I headed out on the trail for a bike ride. 

It was seriously sticky and sunny even early yesterday morning. I was soaking with sweat for just 7 miles! And of course, I didn't think I'd need water...so I didn't take any. :S Hot and humid, but I got it done. 

After my run I scurried home to shower super quick so I could meet up with Sam.

We biked the Rails to Trails for 9.5 miles out to the super awesome Bike and Bean cafe. If you haven't been there yet, GO! You won't be sorry.


It's decorated super funky too. It used to be a train station!

Sometimes I feel like I am more motivated by food than is probably socially acceptable. ??? There is a high possibility that I biked there post run just for this scone! mmm. Just kidding Sam! LOL. The turkey panini was pretty awesome as well!

Oh you know, just grabbing a bite to eat and horses walk by the window....
 Totally normal right, lol?

And in true blogger fashion, we had a bit of a photo frenzy: 
It was a busy day at the Bike & Bean!
Sunday
Oh good morning Miss Lola! ;) 

After the workout on my lower body from yesterday, I wasn't sure I could get my long run in today without risking injury. I decided to give it a try with the intention of avoiding crazy hills and running at a humble pace and if I thought it was a bad idea, I'd go home. :)

I ran easy and didn't push the pace at all....not even when I entered coyote territory! I was super terrified proud of myself when I ran out past my normal trail limits! I figured with such a beautiful morning there'd be lots of runners/cyclists, etc. And I was right. :)

This is out past where I normally run. It looked so pretty!
No filter. Just a finger covering part of the lens. LOL.

oh look, another finger! LOL
 So pretty!

I used the Camelbak today and these honey stinger chews. These taste super good when you are hungry on the run.

 Mandatory foot selfie of course

Guess, what? I just passed 1000 miles man! ;)  2014 total so far: 1010 :D
I really wish I didn't look bald in all my running photos...LOL.

All done in sweaty fun! :)
I drank the entire 2L bladder from the Camelbak today on the run and dreamt about the can of diet coke I'd hidden in the veggie drawer of the fridge during my last mile and a half. I also remembered the 2 slices of watermelon I had left and the bottle of nuun water I'd premixed before I left. I was THAT thirsty! 

Post run I hit up Target to find one of these: 
 Sadly there are obviously a lot of Heather's in Halifax. :(

I worked up a serious appetite so this was my dinner, lol.

Hopefully you had a dinner that was also delish and logged some mega miles this weekend. ;) Thanks again guys for stopping by GGR. You are the best! 

Are you running the Tely 10???
Did you find your personalized Coke???
Tell me something awesome about your weekend!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

32 comments:

  1. Omg. Hose views! The food! I'm so jealous!

    What app do you use to countdown your races?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their food is amazing!!! I use the app called Countdown star it's pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. I want to go next time you guys bike out there!!
    I got my SIL Chloe one, but couldn't find anyone else's names! :)
    So fun you're going to NFLD, it'll be nice to get home again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to come for sure ...it is such an awesome place! I am excited to go to Newfoundland! I told my sister if she finds a bottle of Coke with Heather on it at the target in St. John's she has to buy it for me LOL

      Delete
  3. The coyote sign!!! "Back away slowly. Don't run." That's really asking a runner to go against her every instinct when in danger! :D

    I was all about the Honey Stinger chomps on my long run this weekend too. I had the fruit punch flavor. I've never tried the Lime Ade. Does it taste a bit like lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I know right! the one time I did see a coyote I thought I would be totally cool about it, but I was terrified and I hid behind the trees!!! I do like those honey stingers, they are really tasty! they kind of taste like a lime flavor more so than lemonade but they're pretty good. :)

      Delete
  4. Ohmigoodness girl, I just tallied up my 2014 miles and I am at 1009.35… CRAZY COOL! Awesome runs and in the heat and humidity too! I WISH I could run that fast with all of that!! I tapped out at 52 miles this week which is pretty much my body's max!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that is crazy cool! I usually only run a max of 55 miles a week in a marathon training cycle... after that my body also starts to break down and my tendons let me know they are not happy about it. My rate of icing my knees also increases LOL!

      Delete
  5. That Bean and bike cafe sounds like a great place and what an awesome idea to have it right along the trail! I would be terrified to know I was I coyote area!!!! Have fun visiting your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The B and B is awesome!!! And yes, the coyotes are super scary!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on breaking 1000! I have also broken 1000 for the year. It was a goal of mine. And it's only July. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think how many miles you will have by the end of December!!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on 1,000 miles (and more to run in 2014). I've never seen a personaized coke bottle. That's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! target carries those personalize cokes ...I have yet to find a heather :(

      Delete
  8. 1000 miles is awesome!!! You do not look bald you loon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I always feel like I look like I have no hair in my sweaty photos!

      Delete
  9. Wow Newfoundland, that is awesome. That is serious work putting in a run followed by a bike ride. Congrats on 1000 miles so far. Ha.. The coke makes me laugh. I saw a lady at the store rummaging through all of them thinking "what the heck is she doing, just pick one" then later realizing she was looking for a certain name lol.

    Fun from this weekend, my first 15 mile run, totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your 15 mile run Richard!!! yes I am really hoping to find a Coke that says Heather...:)I am actually from Newfoundland but I have lived in Nova Scotia for the past few years so it's always nice to go home for a visit.

      Delete
  10. ok - what is with those cokes? I've seen another one on someone elses blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I think it's a pretty new thing. I have yet to find one that has my name on it though!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on breaking 1000!!! You're amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have ran over 1000 miles? THAT IS AMAZING!!!! YOU ROCK :) :)
    I didn't know that there were stinger chews...I think I am going to have to look for some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! yes you definitely need to try those chews! Sometimes I just pop one in before I head out for my run.

      Delete
  13. That sounds like an amazing weekend! What Camelbak do you have? I'm afraid I'm going to have to replace mine, and they don't make that one anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) It's the Classic Camelbak 2L model. I'm hooked!

      Delete
  14. There is so much about this post that I love lol!! There is seriously coyote warning signs on the trail?? That's so scary (and awesome!). The views on that trail are beautiful! I'd totally risk it :)

    I love that you got a Coke post run--I'm Coke obsessed and often have one after a trail runs. Unfortunately, there are no "Helly" Cokes :(

    I'm also a Honey Stinger Chew fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes we have coyote warnings on the trail! I actually saw a coyote a few summers ago ...it was really scary! Those chrws are excellent! I love them and I am still hoping to find a Coca-Cola with my name on it. :(

      Delete
  15. Your food pics look delish, especially that last spaghetti one :) You are a beast, running 7 sweaty miles, then biking 9.5 - you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I don't know about beast ...lol, but I certainly was exhausted when I got home!

      Delete
  16. You are kicking arse :) 1000 miles already :) You speed continues to amaze me. It's so pretty where you live! I love the idea of biking to eat and to have rail to trail to bike on- even better :) I WISH I logged some mega miles, but I have to get through August first lol I can't wait for winter, this just isn't my time lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I find it very hard to run in all of this heat. I really enjoy running in the fall!

      Delete