Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Very Inspiring Blogger Award!

The ever so inspirational Ali from Hit the Ground Running has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thanks a bunch ABK! :)

Sometimes when I'm writing a post I'm not sure if it's inspirational, motivational, or just plain rambling...lol. It makes me happy to know that what I write has the ability to inspire others. Thank you. :)

This award asks that
  • you thank the person who gave you the nom,
  • Share 7 things about yourself and
  • nominate any bloggers that inspire you. 
Here it goes:

1.  I love to garden. My house has countless plants and I take pride in my outdoor flower beds...even if they are tiny. ;)  I was over the moon excited when my peonies started to bloom this year:

2. I'm a certified coffee addict. I will drink coffee any time of the day and it doesn't make me 'bounce off the walls' as I hear many others say would happen to them. I like a light roast with just a bit of milk. No sugar please. :)  Wanna go for coffee???

3. This is so totally me:
I truly do have a tall dresser in our guest room filled, make that 'stuffed' with running gear! It's so bad I actually decided that I am going to start a donation pile this week! Anyone need shorts or singlets???

4. I LOVE to work out. I feel so good after a hard lifting session and actually enjoy the feeling of not being able to pull off those super tight sports bras without grimacing. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about! 






Even if I spend a little too much time in this position when I'm done. ;)

5. There may be more than one JB song on my iPod. Okay more than 2. But that's it I promise! LOL. The problem is I'm not sure if they're by cute JB or Jailbird JB??? ;)

                            

6. FRIENDS is my all time favourite show ever in the history of the universe.  No explanation required. :D
 

7. Overall I'm pretty shy and quiet as a person but when someone mentions Running, I'm all of  a sudden best friends with them and will gush of my love and experiences with running until the cows come home.
 

And when I can't run, I write messages like this to my running buds:

So there you have it, a little more about me.


Many of my blogger pals have already been nominated and if you haven't feel free to share the 7 things with us anyway!

Here are a list of some of the bloggers who inspire me daily!

1. Heidi @ idlehide because she is a hard core marathoner and fitness mamma who is super positive in her posts!

2. Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs because she works out like nobody's business and FYI she just ran a marathon after tearing a muscle in her glute. Yikes!


3. Heather @ Run Like A G! because she is always inspirational and real. She puts so much energy into her posts that she makes me feel like a lazy blogger...lol.

4. Emmeline @ Run For The Pizza because she is a truly inspirational blogger and if her food pictures don't take you away, her scenic runs will.

5. Lis @ 26.2 X 2 because she is a great blogger who comes up with the most clever posts!

6. Molly @ A Fresh Start For Molly because she is a witty writer and her posts always intrigue me....PS she just ran her first Marathon this May AND I got to meet her in person!

7. Rachel @ Life Or Something Like It because she is super sweet, and a teacher! She has the strength of a Titan with the speed of a Gazelle!

Thanks again for stopping by GGR. Have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)


26 comments:

  1. you inspire and motivate me daily. Your the most dedicated runner I know! I loved your picture txt today I almost died. you can donate your old running clothes over this way any day ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel the same way as you about blogging. I wonder if we are being informative or just rambling on. Maybe a bit of both...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely rambling more often than not!

      Delete
  3. Awe thanks so much! YOU inspire ME!! I can't wait to write this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet! Thank you so much! Friends is my all time favorite show. I spotted it in the background of one of the photos before I even got to that number and I got all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post of friends had me laughing out loud...maybe I should start rewatching them. Wait...that would mean I need time to sit in front of the TV. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We take our coffee the same way :) I would definitely meet up with you for coffee because it doesn't make my jittery either. It actually makes me feel calm, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks! I totally want a coffee meetup ;) and feel free to throw some shorts my way lol. I'm not shy in the slightest but making running friends is my favorite, I totally go nuts talking about all things running and I'm pretty sure some people are just confused and want to talk about normal things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a coffee meet up! Running sure brings out the chatter in me!

      Delete
  8. Friends is the BEST show. My students still watch it. That's how good it is. And coffee doesn't really affect me, either. I can drink it at 9 p.m. and still sleep just fine. Maybe that's a sign that I drink too much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for the nom! I will let you know once I (finally) get the post up...if you don't find it first, lol. I have so many I need to do. Someone sent me a product to review a month ago and I haven't been able to post that yet, either! Luckily they're being very understanding about it with everything that's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Heather! Funny thing is I was contemplating the other day if I should keep going with my blog or not. I will do up my post soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! And please do not shut down Idle Hide!!!

      Delete
  11. You made my day! Thank you so much! You are such an inspiring person as well!!!!
    I also like a couple of JB songs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you're welcome! I'm glad there's another JB fan out there who isn't 15! LOL

      Delete
  12. I loved this! I have a few JB songs on my IPOD, if it makes you run, it's good :) I love that sore muscle feeling, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, lol. So happy we have a little group of JB fans. :)

      Delete