Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Vacation is Getting the Better of Me & Workout with a Friend

I have clearly lost all concept of time since being on Summer vacation.

Yesterday morning when I woke up to Matt heading out the door at 5!!! I said, "Where the heck are you going?" "To the office," he replies. "IT'S SUNDAY!" I said so obviously, lol. "Ahh, it's Monday..." I literally took longer than I should have to realize that he was indeed right and I was wrong, but do not tell him I admitted that! If I didn't have that RUNgover feeling in my legs from Sunday's long run, I would have argued until the cows came home.  So funny!

Speaking of 'Long Run,' we highly felt that some nachos were in order Sunday night. :D

So we got all dolled up and headed out...

Lol...just kidding, ripped jeans and a tank were okay for the venue. ;)

Are you hungry yet??? 

Look who woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed an hour after I got up on Monday!

It started to rain just as I headed out for my easy Recovery Run Monday morning. Isn't that Murphy's Law for Runners???

I DID run on the nice flat gravel trail for Monday's run. It felt aaaawesome! I didn't even mind the rain. It was nice and refreshing.

I always zoom by this graffiti but I decided to snap a shot of it just for you guys. :)  Don't I look Bad ass next to this?! LOL.

Note to self: When you take a selfie in a tunnel, you may lose GPS signal. :(

Post run I headed to the gym for some crazy core work and of course upper body since it's my favourite workout.

I was totally ravenous when I got home so I'll fill you in on a little secret.......
Yes, that's Coconut Almond Butter and it IS as good as it looks. :)

Even Lola says so.

Today (Tuesday) Heidi and I hit up the gym for an arm workout. I was so excited because usually I'm just lifting my weights, singing my songs and getting strange looks all by myself! ;)



In case you haven't seen her, Heidi looks freakin' amazing post baby! And not to mention how crazy fast her post baby body is getting! :0

After we pumped iron I headed home for my 7 mile run. I was on a mission, yet again. No trail was going to get the better of me! Hilly subdivisions were on my mind and I was going to run them, lol. *Please note that I absolutely love the trail and miss it so much when it's covered in snow and ice, I just can't run on it all the time. 

Someone was feeling a little snuggly before I headed out. <3


The humidity was so saturating today that I could feel sweat flicking down my neck, back and legs the entire run. What joy. I pounded away at the miles and was surprised I was hitting sub 8 paces, but I gladly accepted it! ;)

Some post run fuel while I watched ellen. :)

I hope you are getting the most out of your Tuesday and are able to log some miles today. Thanks so much for visiting GGR. Have a beautiful day!

Happy Running,
Heather

17 comments:

  1. That almond butter looks amazing!!! I'm on day 7/8 of holidays and have already lost concept of what time it is too! Lol! Great job on the runs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The almond butter is great....try it out :)

      Delete
  2. I literally said Awwwww out loud when I saw the picture of Lola snuggling! I hear you on the hills...I need to get back at them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of sweat running down your back, neck, and legs was gross...in a good running way, if that makes sens! Man you are doing double day AND in humidity, you go girl! I wish my stomach could handle almond butter, I'd be all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also run through a creepy graffiti tunnel! I'm pretty sure the graffiti there is made by 12-year-olds with magic markers, though. It's not as artistic as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess that's one way I could look at it: artistic!

      Delete
  5. I don't think I ever saw you in clothes other than running clothes!!! Super cute. :) I am having nachos right now for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.....I very rarely take off my running clothes. I LOVE nachos!

      Delete
  6. At least you know today is Tuesday! I'm working and I am still a little confused on the day. I keep thinking today is Wednesday. That's never a good thing. I love the graffiti picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I should definitely get some recognition for getting Tuesday right, right? Lol.

      Delete
  7. I never know what day it is lol Even at work I have to look at my IPOD to check, sometimes the days seem so long I am convinced it's the next day! It makes me smile you easy recovery pace is my unattainable PR pace :) I am having Mexican today so I will get to cure the Nacho craving after looking at your picture. Yaaa, for a work out buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It cracks me up that we forget days of the week in summer, but it's SO true. If I weren't training for a race, I'd NEVER remember what day it was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got back from holiday, and my inner calendar is only now righting itself 1 week later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never know what day it is anymore! So funny!
    Awesome pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your white top!!!! Are the gold bits specific shapes, like pineapples? (I feel like I keep seeing pineapples and sailboats on clothes lol).

    ReplyDelete