Saturday, 26 July 2014

Tely 10 Eve & Everything In Between

I've landed. Well, I actually touched Newfoundland Soil bright and early Wednesday morning, but blogging has sort of taken a back seat...oops!

Carry-on necessities!
 Hello St. John's!

It's always great to get home for a visit. In terms of running however, I feel like I'm running in a foreign land, lol. I don't know the routes and I'm extremely aware of my location.....I often wonder if that interferes with my pace??? Not that I could actually push the pace in this smoldering humidity. I was so hoping to see the ducks crossing but no luck. :(

The fam jam and I headed over to a favourite restaurant for dinner.

I think I actually went up a pant size when I left.
 Sweet Thai Chicken...mmm.

I know what you're thinking: "Heather's not in running clothes OR a pony tail?!" Don't worry, I thought the same thing. ;)


You're lookin' at #3352!

 My dad is now hired as my personal race photographer. :)  Do you think he'll move to Nova Scotia for race season???


Super short super hot run.

As seen on my run.... :) 


Check out this elevation chart for the Tely 10! 

Oh yeah, this officially happened yesterday..........

This morning bright foggy and early, Carla and I headed out for a Starbucks and a tour around town. We  paid a visit to Signal Hill and had a bit of a photo shoot:


Trying out this panoramic business........

So, to give you an idea of the Tely 10 reputation in Newfoundland, check out this quote from a well known Newfoundland runner:
I totally stole this from a friend's facebook, lol. 
No pressure or anything....lol. 

Wish me luck tomorrow! It's going to be a hot one. :0 Gulp. 

Who's running the Tely 10???
What are your weekend running plans???

Thanks for stopping by GGR and have a wonderful day! 

Happy Running,
Heather :)  

11 comments:

  1. Good luck....you'll do great!! You've trained in the humidity at home so you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun! I don't even understand that elevation chart... it looks like you're running underground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your family all looks alike. I like being able to look at pics and tell people are related haha. You are going to kick butt tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! You're going to rock it like you always do! And I agree with Ali, I totally thought that you and your family all look so much alike. Such a gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a runner sticker on your laptop!!! :) The other day my Adam asked "why do runners always wear running clothes and put running stickers on their cars?" My answer is that we like to be able to identify each other when we're out and about! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great race tomorrow, Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and you totally killed it today! Awesome job, girl!
    Your Dad was probably so proud out there taking your pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Food looked amazing. Love the sight seeing pics and welcome to the panoramic family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family trips always mean weight gain :) But in the best possible way! The elevation map for the run looks amazing! You go girl, signing up for a marathon gives me anxiety ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a great race and are enjoying your family! Live in the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pictures! What a pretty place to visit, i am surprised it was humid. Glad you got to enjoy good friends, food, and running fun. I hope all went well :)

    ReplyDelete