Sunday, 13 July 2014

Sunday RUNday & Other Weekend Fun

This has been a super spectacularly sunny weekend! (I'm a sucker for alliteration). ;)

My awesome friend Erin hosted Girl's Night on Friday so Lola had an evening at the office with Matt. I think she gets a teeny bit spoiled there....lol. 

We tried to get a family Selfie before I headed out, but it took several attempts since Lola kept turning around and licking my face, LOL.

I rewarded myself for my hard run with Nick by indulging in so many goodies! Erin is a fabulous hostess and always thinks of the little things that I would never think to include.  Like her little pink flowers from her garden near our food.  :)

Rocco and I had a staring contest at one point. I totally lost.

On Saturday I hit the gym. Hard. I ate my weight in pizza, wine gums and a ton of other things at Erin's that made for great fuel, lol.

I didn't run on Saturday because I swapped Running Rest days with Friday/Saturday. :) 

Fuel for my Sunday long run: Oatmeal with berries and hemp hearts. Oatmeal is the best pre-run fuel that works for me. So reliable. :)


I had an idea of my route today but I also wanted to make sure I was challenging my body. Instead of spending ~2 hours on the flat gravel trail, I avoided it completely and ran the hilliest route I could think of. The Valley Harvest Marathon is pretty hilly so I want to be prepared!

There were only two other runners that I saw along the way because I'm betting most were on the trail (where I secretly wanted to be, lol). I will still run on the trail for my easy/steady runs, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to become so used to it that any little ant hill leaves me gasping for air.

I got 15.5 miles at an average 8:08 pace/mile. I am very pleased with that, especially considering the humidity.

Did I tell you how much I'm loving my low trainers from Pro Compression?! I wouldn't have thought to order them but I received a coupon for them with my last order. They are great for long runs. I'm also waiting for the Lavender ones to arrive....eek!
You may also notice the slippers my mom made me in the background. :) 
 After showering I really wanted to go visit this lady.
So I thought what better place to get my Misto than the Starbucks at Target?! I needed two things anyway, so it was the perfect excuse! Lola scored a deal at Target too. I got her a new collar and noticed they were on a super sale. Obviously I went back and got her a second one as well. She thinks she looks pretty darn cool in her new swag. ;)


I'd love to hear about your weekend run(s)!

Thank you for your comments and for reading my rambles. I love hearing from you. :) Have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

24 comments:

  1. I have wanted to roder from pro compression but wondering if I would get hit with duty charges? Does that happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to order when they have a mega deal Like NOW! :) Seriously for a few more days they are having a 50% sale on their calf sleeves and socks. I think it's a flat rate of $7 to Canada. So with the deal and flat rate it actually isn't that bad. :)

      Delete
  2. So funny thing happened...I order 2 low riders and some calf sleeves from Pro Compressions....got a delivery notice and went to pick them up at the post office...I was charged $21 duty! I've never had that happen before!! Then I checked the mail the other day...and bam....a duplicate of my order. Yup...I got two orders! I love them just as much as you!!!

    Those hills must have been super hot...I like the trail because it's flat...but also because it gives me some much needed shade in this heat...not that I'm complaining! Great job for tackling both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened to me once and I was mortified!!! It was because I ordered the grab bag I'm guessing which created a larger package. :S I was not impressed, Lol.

      I was tempted to ditch the street and hit up the trail a few times today but it wasn't too bad since there was a lovely breeze.

      Delete
  3. I also picked a hilly route out and then I took the trail back home:) You had a good run, it was hot today! Tell Lola her new swag is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heidi! You rocked you run today too like nobody's business!!! Lola appreciates the compliment...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there's a heatwave across the country! So hot here too! Good job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that training in the heat prepares you to peak in the Fall... :D

      Delete
  6. Great job on the run! I love a girls night out :) It's hard to win a staring contest with a cat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is SO hard!!! Cats are pretty clever.

      Delete
  7. It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!!!! :)
    Way to go on your long run!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It was a pretty great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome long run pace, Heather. I can't wait to get back into shape. Summer is kicking my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very limited weekend running for me - just a 3K. Long runs start again next weekend - ahhh. Although for me, they happen on weekdays when Max is in daycare :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being flexible and juggling your schedule like that makes you an extra tough runner!

      Delete
  10. My long run was Friday and it felt tough this week but I ran lakeside on vacation with lots of hills and wind! It felt good to be done haha! I followed it with a speedy run Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason when I run on vacation it always feels harder. I'm going to blame it on my vacation eating habits LOL.

      Delete
  11. Wow, that's a quick long run pace, especially on hills! What's your marathon goal time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am forever chasing a three hour 30 minute marathon time it just does not seem to happen I've been close with a 332 so I'm still hopeful

      Delete
  12. Nice family selfie. Holy cow beast mode. 15.5 at 8 min pace is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! I would never maintain that pace on those trails you run

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Haha! A wine gum is a chewy rubber candy sort of like a jujube.

      Delete