Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Marathon #10 and Other Randomness

Entertainment for this morning's coffee was provided by none other than Runner's World. A Non-Runner's Guide to Runners is a hilarious read. I think this one was my favourite:
 Check it out here! LOL.

You'll be happy to hear that my allergies seem to have subsided....for now. My PT thought he'd make me feel better about them during yesterday's visit by offering me candy.


Clearly I protested....as all healthy people would. ;)
Arch update: All healed-thank goodness!!!

My PT thinks I'm insane because of the way I talk about Running. Random fact: He's a cyclist and once cycled with Lance Armstrong! You know, before the whole blood doping fiasco. When my PT tells me I'm crazy, I just simply reply with:

A non-runner friend of mine text me this shirt she insisted I buy:
Teaching and Running combined into one shirt....I need!
I thought that since you guys and gals are my BFF's, I'd share my new favourite snack with you:
Say Hello to Mandarin Greek Yogurt! 
After being cleared at physio, and indulging in some yogurt goodness, I decided to go out for an easy 4 mile run along the trail. I didn't want to push it since Pump kind of kicked my butt. It was a gorgeous evening for a run.

I really wish I wasn't addicted to sweet potato.....but what's a girl to do??? They are just so darn awesome!

So I knew this morning's run would suck, even if I wanted to go hard. My glutes and hamstrings are tight from yesterday's workout so it was another easy run. :S I guess my instructor was right about those weighted squats and how they give you a 'high butt???' Then I wondered, "Do I really want a high butt if it hurts this much???" ;)

When I arrived home from my run I clearly disturbed some much needed beauty sleep:
I like to call this one: "Lola's look of death."
Taking my own advice that I had recently given to a friend who was experiencing a case of the DOMS, I poured myself an Epsom Salt bath. 
A student gave me this as an end of year gift and boy did it smell yummy! 
 Oh look who changed napping spots post-bath! ;)

After my super long delish smelling bath, it was time to get to work. And by "get to work," I mean plot out my marathon training plan! 

 Marathon #10 is going to be...................drumroll..........................
Don't you love this super cool app I found for my countdown?!
All that planning made me hungry. Pear and PB is such a good combo. :)

I feel so good about my decision to do the Valley Harvest Marathon again. The last time I ran it the temperature soared to 26 degrees Celsius! It's held on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend which makes for some beautiful sights. And just for one final giggle:
Should I be embarrassed about how this is in fact true??? LOL
Thanks so much for stopping by GGR today!

How do you plan out your marathon/race training? 
Are you running the Valley???

Happy Running,
Heather :)

25 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Planning marathons is 2195310897413 times more fun than running them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potatoes aren't a bad thing to be addicted to. :) I love that last pic w/ the F bomb! I don't have any races planned but I am trying to get back on track with an actual SCHEDULE rather than flying by the seat of my pants for my workout every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, there could be worse things to be hooked on...lol. Isnt' that pic hilarious?!

      Delete
  3. Love those apps that countdown to an event. For my first (and only) marathon I used a training group. All I had to do was show up and follow a training plan on days we didn't meet. It was painless. But for my second one in March 2015, I will be training with a friend (who is super fast, but going to be recovering from Motherhood) and probably doing whatever she suggests. That "ebib" is so true. I had no filter and the "f" word was not off limits at all! Happy running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I stumbled across it today! Now I basically have created countdowns for everything! LOL. Good Luck training for Marathon #2! I look forward to following your progress :)

      Delete
  4. OMG THE MAGIC SCHOOLBUS SHIRT. I need that in my life.

    I love that article...my favorite is the "lost runner"...I love that he assumes all runners are introverts! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Frizzle rocks! Lol. That article had me L'ing OL!

      Delete
    2. Please tell me which app this is? I'm a countdown nut job and need it! LOL

      Delete
    3. LOL....it's Countdown Star :)

      Delete
  5. Yay for marathon #10! I've never done the Epsom salt bath thing... does it really help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them to be relaxing and they are supposed to aid in reducing muscle inflammation. Apparently it's because of the magnesium and sulfate??? :)

      Delete
  6. holy crap you have nice arms, girl! I was wondering which marathon would mark #10- awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo hoo!!! AND OMG....I am running my first marathon on October 12th too!!!! SWEET!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are running marathons on the same day!!!

      Delete
  8. I also used a countdown app for my marathon ... it's both scary and exciting at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's kind of daunting to see 94 days away, but then suddenly you're down to low digits!

      Delete
  9. You definitely could be addicted to much worse things! Running and sweet potatoes aren't terrible. ;-) That's super exciting about marathon number 10! Lola's look of death cracks me up. And as I've already said, your guns are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Lola certainly think she's cute! :) I guess sweet potato are that bad to be hooked on after all, lol

      Delete
  10. So glad to hear you got cleared. Being down and out due to injury just stinks. Hope you had fun building your training plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes getting clearance to run feels like the best thing ever being injured is awful!

      Delete
  11. What is that countdown app? I want to get it for my marathon too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Countdown Star... Isn't it cool?!

      Delete
  12. That shirt is actually so freaking awesome haha. I'm always in shock when my BF says he's never watched TMSB

    ReplyDelete