Monday, 7 July 2014

Long Run & Pump!

Happy Monday Runner Peeps!

I guess someone partied too hard on the weekend. ;) Or stayed up too late watching the last show of season 2 of OITNB!!!! OMG.....It was amazingly good! Did you watch it yet????


Yesterday I had a fabulous sunny run. Being conscious of my strained arch (from over-doing it in ballet flats), I decided I'd aim for 10 miles at an easy pace and if I felt good, fine and if I didn't, I'd head home.

With Camelbak, visor, sunscreen, Gu and tunes, I headed out. It was pretty warm with a strong breeze left over from Saturday's Tropical Storm.

I saw many trees like this on my run. :(

The reason I avoided the trail on Saturday. That and Matt telling me a tree killed someone
during Hurricane Juan !
 The second of many fallen trees I saw.

With the wind and heat my mouth was drying out super quick. I was again reminded of my super awesome decision to purchase the Camelbak...I knew I wouldn't regret it this summer! You'll be happy to know that I drank the entire 2L of H20! I took a Salted Caramel Gu at 10 miles, more so because it was there, not because I needed it...lol.

I was feeling pretty good...hot...but good, so I kept trucking along. When I reached the car wash heading into the city, I thought I'd run home along the main road. Heads up: It's not a good idea for a coffee lover to run by a Starbucks and a Tim Horton's when you're out on your long run. It sure did smell good though!

I was at 13.something miles when I checked my Garmin, so I decided to loop around a side street to make it an even 15.


A big run calls for a big dinner! We had planned a BBQ, but the hornet's nest inside our BBQ had other plans....Gulp.
Missing from photo: My giant plate of Garden Salad...mmm.

My big dinner made for great fuel during this morning's Pump class. ;) I made a new friend today there this morning. She was  a sweet older lady who was in stellar shape. She asked what type of workouts I do and I replied, "Running and free weights mostly." She pointed to my arms and said, "Well yes I can see that." She is my new BFF. :D

It was a great class and any sort of bending or lifting tomorrow should prove to be very interesting. I'll keep you posted.
Instagram Repost
I was absolutely ravenous when I returned home so I whipped up some eggs, toast and I had an orange. I also devoured some Vanilla Greek Yogurt while I prepped breakfast....Hungry!

I have been sniffling with allergies ALL day! Super frustrating. I'm off to a physio appointment now, and I really hope he doesn't mind that I plan to stuff Kleenex up my nostrils...lol.

Did you get any damage from Hurricane/Tropical Storm Arthur???
Any Races coming up??? 
There is a very high possibility that I am racing in a 5 mile road race on Saturday...We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by GGR and have a wonderful day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

19 comments:

  1. The Salted Caramel GU sounds "good." I may have to try that flavour. Sad to see all those trees. Glad you made it through Arthur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome! Those trees made me sad :(

      Delete
  2. Jason and I are heading to Liverpool on Saturday for the race...not sure if he'll be racing as he has some weird foot pain...but we'll see. How was pump? I've heard such good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pump is great! You should try it out sometime :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a gorgeous weekend there minus the downed trees. No races on the horizon for me, but hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me want to do a long run. :) I love just loading up my mp3 players and goiinnnnnng. You are funny making it an "even 15" from 13 hahaha. Only a runner would say that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I long run envy when I don't do one...even when I shouldn't be running. LOL...clearly it was my runner brain and not my teacher brain that decided on an 'even 15,' lol.

      Delete
  5. I am just not the kind of runner who can plan 10 and then go 15, but I hope I become one someday!!

    I need to find my weights...we misplaced them during the move lol! My arms could use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doooooo itttt! (5 miler, that is!) I'll be there :)

    I ran out of water halfway through my run this weekend so may be needing to invest as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up, making an even 15 out of a 13 miler. You rock at the running thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.....that's certainly a runner thing!

      Delete
  8. Cute dog pic! I had bought that same salted caramel GU but hadn't tried it yet. Glad you met a new friend at the gym. No damage from the storm here. Hope you stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You have to try it! It's delish :)

      Delete
  9. Looks like the run was beautiful despite the fallen trees. And it looks like you're making the most of your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are super awesome! I do 13 miles in 2 hours and a half, and here you rockin' 15 miles in 2 hours!!! You ROCK!!!!
    The hubby and I finished OITNB last week and OMG! I love that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need season 3 now!!!!

    ReplyDelete