Friday, 11 July 2014

Friday 5

TGIF everyone!

I love when my Blogger pals do a "Friday 5" or "5 Things Friday" post, so I'm jumping on that wagon for today's post.

1. Getting back to business and pounding out Tempo Runs. I have a love/hate relationship with them just so you know. The idea for my training plan is to run for minutes not distance (as I'm rigidly used to). This one was scheduled for 35 minutes and I think I did a pretty good job couldn't wait to hit the darn stop button at hitting the timing right on the money. ;)  I warmed up with an 8:10 mile, Tempo pace: 7:24 X 2 miles and then I gave myself a push for a 7:11 mile with a cool down ~8:15 or so for 0.6 mile.

2. Finally replenishing my stash of nuun! Have you tried the Pink Lemonade flavour??? Do it! It will make you day. ;)

3. Taa daa! Anyone who I work with, am close with, lives in the HRM area, LOL, probably heard me whining several weeks ago about how I lost my earring that I didn't even get a chance to wear yet. Well, when I moved all my running books off of my night stand today guess what I found underneath?! I have no idea how it ended up there but I skipped upstairs and called Matt, texted the woman I got it from and alerted them that the missing earring has indeed been found. :D

4. City Run! Yes, in the actual city and not the trail. I met up with Nick today for a good butt kicker of a run. (My words). It was crazy humid and this Genius did not bring her water belt. Rookie mistake. We did a portion of the Blue Nose route from the half marathon and it felt waaaaay harder today with the saturating humidity.....and I sort of felt like hills were popping up out of no where??? ;)  I needed this push today and boy was it a good swift kick in the butt of a reminder to get those hills in! I have my first actual hill repeat session in two weeks and now I'm psyched. :D Thanks Nick for the run!


Man, I look great when I'm at near death from dehydration! ;) NOT! LOL
 5. Grande vanilla cafe Misto, Blonde roast! My absolute favourite. :D I have yet another BFF and she just so happens to work at Starbucks! What a score! ;) The Barista asked me if I was a fitness instructor or training for one of those fit competitions when I staggered in there post run determined to get my fix. I heart her. :)

I hope you have had a spectacular week! 

Heads up: I am NOT running in the before mentioned race tomorrow. I'm saving my legs for the Tely 10! :) 

What are you highlights from the week?
Any running/racing plans for the weekend? 
Favourite Starbucks drink: GO! 

Thanks so much for checking in on this fabulous Friday with GGR. Have a beautiful day! And Lola says "Hi," or "don't even think of interrupting my nap." 


Happy Running,
Heather :)

11 comments:

  1. Those are the best compliments, it feels nice to know people noticing your effort...even if you walk in sweating and red faced ;) JK! Love finding things that you thought were lost forever! Probably not my favorite, but just getting a coffee (iced or Blonde roast) with soy and one pump of classic makes me a happy lady! If I'm feeling like a treat, then a Soy Green Tea Latte!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's helpful to stagger in all sweaty and look sort of disoriented from the heat...lol. I LOVE the Blonde roast!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully getting in 18 miles before I work at 9 am on Sunday!! Think I can do it?! ;)

    GRANDE SOY AMERICANO MISTO!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I want to try that drink! Have a great run!!!

      Delete
  3. Awww I want to eat Lola! (I don't know why I always say I want to eat cute little animals but I do. I tell Jelly every day how much I want to eat him.) Those earrings are FAB. When you wear them, take a pic of the whole outfit and show us. I love big earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those earrings! The colors are so festive and bright!! I selfishly want you to race this weekend because I love your recaps, but I'll be patient and wait for the Tely 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get it! I enjoy reading race recaps the most on peoples sites I think. :)

      Delete
  5. I've had a rash of missing earrings the past few months. I really hope mine turn up like yours did! Are you liking the by-minute training plan? That's what mine is, too, and it takes a lot of getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a little challenging to get used to for sure. Not all runs are by minutes, which is also helpful...lol.

      Delete
  6. This was a fun post!!! I need to start doing tempo runs and oh hills! I love hills but I have been slackingggggggg so bad on them! :)

    ReplyDelete