Sunday, 22 June 2014

The Queen of Procrastination & Other Randomness

Oh hey, remember me??? You know, the Blogger who hasn't blogged in for-ev-er? Never fear, pretty soon you'll be entirely sick of reading my posts of running rambles when I am off for 2 months of Summer Vacation. ;)  8 days folks. 8 days. :D

Until then, I will find a multitude of ways to avoid doing what I should be: Reports. Blah.

If you are also looking for tips on work avoidance, follow these easy steps:    ;)

1. Reread sweet books from your students and ignore the fact that she wrote in a marker and therefore cannot erase her mistake of ran/run. Because I came in first, she gets an automatic A....naturally. ;)

2. Run. Obviously. Even if  you ran a marathon just 4 days ago. Just be sure to run at conversational pace and listen closely to your body's signals.

3. Take this one for walks in the trail. And secretly wish you were running....lol. Just kidding Lola! You know I love when you take 45 minutes to walk a mile and sniff every single stone. 

4. Play with fancy apps on your phone post run so that you can post them on ALL social media outlets you are currently signed up for. Not like I would EVER do that! Lol.
Run Stats: 5.4 miles, 45 minutes.
 5. Order your finishing photo and analyze every inch of it.
This is one of my favourite photos I think. :)

6. Bike 15k to this awesome Cafe:
 with these girls (Katie & Sam) :D

and eat this when you get there before you bike the 15k home. 
Come on, we needed the fuel! ;)

7. Watch way too much of this:
Thanks for fulfilling the Breaking Bad void Erin! ;)
And if you MUST crack down and do Reports, make sure you have some Friends reruns nearby. And coffee...........clearly.

If you need any further tips on not getting things done in a timely fashion, you know where to find me.

Serious side note: Since my reports are done I was brave enough to do this post. ;)
Thanks again for checking out GGR on this super Sunday!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

24 comments:

  1. Great bike ride today :) that scone was delish..
    cant wait to make this a habit this summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun!!! I told you those scones were awesome! We definitely need to make that a habit once I and done school!

      Delete
  2. That picture! Holy cow! You look absolutely amazing! I have been missing you. Good luck with the next 8 days! They will fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I am really hoping they DO fly by. I'm super envious off all of my teacher friends who are already off. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hey you have found some wonderful ways to procrastinate! Nice to have those reports finally done. 8 days will fly by very quickly. That is an AWESOME finishing photo, you look RIPPED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meg! I'm dying to be on Summer Vacation!!! And I don't know how those muscles made an appearance on that pic. I can't seem to find them when I am looking in the mirror...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those scones? They look yummy? Do you normally go to school so late in June or did you just have a lot of snow days to make up this year? Do you guys get snow days in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a raspberry white chocolate scone. :D We do normally go to school this late unfortunately, but we don't go back until the first week of September. They haven't implemented a rule yet where the snow days extend the school year and I hope they never do! LOL. We had maybe 5 snow days this year which isn't bad compared to some other school boards who've had 10+!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha I love the comment about Lola's walks! My dogs do the same thing with the sniffing every sinle little thing, Slider manages to simultaneously also pull me super hard and then alternate it with coming to dead stops to sniff for 5 minutes. Good luck with your last few days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmeline! Lola certainly appreciates every single step of her walk and it sounds like your dogs do as well, lol. ;)

      Delete
  7. i love that race picture!!!!

    i'm deep into my traditional summer friends-fest :) love it. i can literally watch the entire series over and over again. oh...and i just started orange is the new black. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving OITNB!!! I didn't think I would at all, but I LOVE it!

      Delete
  8. I can't believe it's only 8 days...hopefully the nice weather will stick around when you are off! I bet you have a long to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My to do list is longer than Santa's list I'm sure! LOL

      Delete
  9. Holy cow, I can't believe you're still in school. That's wild. I also can't believe how amazing you look in that finish line photo. Please teach me to not look 98% dead in race photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been watching way too many episodes of OITNB too... so addictive!I have two episodes left in season two so I need to slow down and save them :)

    LOVE that finish line photo! You look rockin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so funny :) Love that picture except one of your feet seem to be missing ... :) Orange is the new Black is so good. I watched the second season over 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm I was thinking you forgot how to blog lol j/k. Those books from the kids are awesome, I love when my little guy makes stuff like that for me. Ah the recovery dog walks, they are very helpful but dreadful when all you want to do is run. Who can be productive with friends reruns in the background. I wouldn't be able to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That IS a great finishing pic!! You look so strong, it's hard to believe you just conquered 26.2 miles!!

    Break is almost here!! Hang tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the pic! I want to go with you guys next time to the B&B, Sam invited me, but Kenny was working. I love that ride:) Those scones look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS, I've nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award! Read more about it here: http://www.abkruns.com/2014/06/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html Thanks for being such an amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thats a great finish pic!
    and Friends always keeps me procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete