Sunday, 1 June 2014

My Weekend in Running

Okay so this has been a spectacularly sunny weekend in Halifax! I'm already sporting my bangin' runner's tan complete with compression sock lines and everything....talk about sexy! ;)

Friday night's dinner: 
Tacos & Salad. There is a slight possibility that I had one more taco after this pic was taken. :D


My dinner made for good run fuel the next a.m.

Six Super Sunny Miles. :)
From my Instagram. Are you following me yet????
I did a 'Run by the Mile' photo sequence for you. :) I'm sure you're dying to see it....lol. I may have borrowed the idea from Meg. ;)


I had to put this one in ....too bad it was only at 1.25 miles!




HOME!
 There you have it.

Clearly a Starbucks was in order to run errands.
Running clothes + Sparkly Fit Flops = how I dress up....lol.


A hot and sunny six deserves some serious slices as a reward, right? ;)
This pizza made for great long run fuel for my big 2-0-!

That's right: 20 miles....gulp! I don't think I've ever been so nervous to run that distance. I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to finish today from either A) something hurting or B) the heat.

It sure was a tough run today. I kept my pace between 8:20ish and 8:35ish for an average of 8:30/mile. I ran every single mile on the road today and not the trail. I know...be amazed. I felt really good actually....until it got hot.
The 103 Highway. Wow, look how not-busy it is early on a Sunday morning!

The last time I ran on this little path I almost killed myself on the slush and ice...lol.
2 GUs, 4 fuel bottles of nuun and Gatorade and a wack load of Honey Stinger chews later and I was at 19.3 miles. I actually stopped and was going to walk home since I was so hot....lol. That was until I called myself a wimp and started chugging along again. 

2 hrs 50 min later: Bango! Done! And I wanted to fill the bath tub with Gatorade and drink it all up! But I settled for a protein shake and a nuun water.
Also from my Instagram
 And of course here's my welcome home Mommy sleepy head. :)

I hope your weekend was stellar and thanks so much for stopping by GGR. Have a happy day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

17 comments:

  1. I like Mile 5's pic the best! Hey it looks a little like PA up there. :) Are you training for something that you were doing 20 this weekend? Awesome pace by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mile five was the prettiest! I am signed up for the Johnny miles full marathon on June 15. I have a free entry for this race so I am hoping to be healthy enough to run it. :)

      Delete
    2. Judging by your 20 miler, I'd say you are!

      Delete
  2. I recognize mile 1;) I would have loved to tag along for a few miles this morning, but I haven't been able to get out at all the past few days...driving me crazy. Anyway, I am stepping out for a longish run tomorrow night! Great job on your 20 miler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I giggled when I posted mile 1 ;) you should take the neon dots in your run :)

      Delete
  3. Great runs!! Awesome 20 miles!! It looks gorgeous out but unfortunately that makes for some early early early or super hot runs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was a reminder that I definitely need to get my butt out of bed even earlier to run! And hello...Congrats on your Marathon!!!

      Delete
  4. sounds like your 20 miles was a success! hot, but you still did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job getting your long run in with the beautiful weather. I know you are going to do great in the marathon! Love the pic of your shadow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mile by mile pics. I run a lot on a trail so unfortunately my pics would all look the same. I'll have to change it up some day so I can take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer marathon training is such a pain with 20 milers in the heat and sun but after this winter, I'm just happy to be spending time in my shorts and outdoors so I'm not complaining (yet...I will complain in July). Love the tacos! I need another taco night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an amazing 20 miles :) You little Lola is so cute! I loved the picture run Meg put up and I loved yours too! Just think if you tried to photo pictorial your 20 mile run lol I am curious to see everyone's routes. A lot if I am just running in my neighborhood, maybe I need to try this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such great views on your run!! My views are not nearly that gorgeous.

    How warm is it when it's that sunny? I love running in the sun, but sun = super nova hot in my world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....not super nova hot, but according to Matt our Celsius temp on my run Sunday was about 75 your temp. :D

      Delete
  10. Beautiful pictures, what a great run captured! Also, awesome pace that you kept for the 20 miler, that is amazing. You'll do great in your upcoming marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I could have sworn that I had posted on this blog but I don't see anything. What is going on with me? I was on someone else's blog and accidentally posted on theirs TWICE thinking my post didn't go through! Anyways I love the mile by mile idea, I kind of wanted to steal it from Meg too but just started taking more pictures on my runs because my mileage isn't THAT HIGH (like 12 or 20 miles high) yet so it would only be like four or five photos. Soon, though, I will be up there! :-)

    ReplyDelete