Sunday, 15 June 2014

Johnny Miles Marathon (Quick & Dirty Recap)

There will be a full recap of my marathon #9---the Johnny Miles Running Event---tomorrow, but for now enjoy the quick and dirty short version!

I woke up at 4:05a.m. I was mentally unprepared, physically overcooked from racing & training and plain just unsure how my body and the weather would come into play. But I did it, pain free, and I had an excellent time. I even got to see two of my friends finish their first marathon ever! That is an awesome thing to witness by the way. :) 

The Stats: 3:44:19, 5th female overall, Marathon #9! Can you believe that it's 9 already?!

Clearly I was having too much fun on the route. Or I was just super happy because Nick, the photographer of this fab shot, was handing me a beer! :D And yes, I drank it. It was totally awesome, especially with less than 4k to go!

Shauna was cheering along the route as well and snapped this action shot. What a trooper to cheer and take photos in the pouring down rain! FYI: Her hubby ran his first 1/2 marathon today!!!

"Raise your hand if you're tired!" 
All done  

 Dirty

And wrinkled from the rain

Thanks for all of your good luck wishes yesterday! I read them this morning and it really motivated me. :)

Have a happy day!

Happy Running,
Heather :)

16 comments:

  1. Quick- your time! Dirty- your socks! Congrats Heather, can't wait to read more tomorrow. :) I see you didn't pick the pink outfit but you looked super cute anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a last minute wardrobe change when I heard about the rain! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha there's no rain in your smiling shot. So the big question is what will be marathon #10? Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Congrats! I think #10 should be Edmonton in August… I need a personal pace bunny ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You never know where I'll end up Kris ;)

      Delete
  4. You always look so amazing and strong! Congratulations on number 9! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You make full marathons look like a walk in the park! Love that you had a beer :) Looking forward to the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, you always look so strong even at the end. You are amazing! Congrats on #9 and 5th place! And I love that you had a beer during ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on #9 and way to pull out the 5th place finish. Awesome. Can't wait for the full recap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome - congrats! You definitely deserved a beer running a marathon in that weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it weird that I'm as impressed at your ability to drink a beer and keep running as I am by your time and fifth-place finish? Haha. I think I would die. Great job, though, especially with the crummy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm glad you had such a good race! I can't wait for details!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh, a marathon in the rain? i can't imagine anything worse.

    love the outfit :) can't wait for the rest of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain is so darn rough! and yet you look so happppy lol That's was a lot of mud. Great shots during the race :)

    ReplyDelete